Before upgrading to 4.5, when I would browse to say mobile.nytimes.com, the page would consist ... BlackBerry Curve forum

galileo228 no está en línea Stack level 1

4.5 browsing issue

Advertisement

Before upgrading to 4.5, when I would browse to say mobile.nytimes.com, the page would consist simply of mobile browser-friendly headlines. Now, since I've upgraded, I have to scroll through a long list of links just to get to the news. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how I can view these mobile news websites as I did under 4.2?

Thanks!

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    open your BB browser. Click on BB key to bring up the Menu, the scroll down to OPTIONS - which brings up three more items to choose from

Browser Configuration
    General Properties
    Cache Operations

click Browser Config - this brings up a list with checkboxes on the left .. all the way at the bottom .. above the section that says "Start Page" there is a line that says

"emulation mode" make sure that is on "Blackberry" cuz if its on Netscape (which I find gives me the best rendition of my myspace page on my bb ) it will give you allllllll those links and links and html tables and spaces .. that i believe is what you were talking about.

if that still doesn't work ... try selecting or deselecting

[] Support HTML tables

and maybe

[] support style sheets

hit menu and save then close browser, and open it up again and now go the mobile nytimes site . It should look different.
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

galileo228 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks!

Interesting...the emulation WAS selected as "netscape", but without my changing it, it now appears as "blackberry", and all web pages are loading as I would like.

BUT - for some reason, I cannot toggle either the emulation setting nor the browser homepage. Any idea why?

Thank you for the help!