Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello,I downloaded .97 about a week ago although I've recently noticed several problems. The main ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2

4.5.0.97 issueß

Advertisement

Hello,I downloaded .97 about a week ago although I've recently noticed several problems. The main problem I'm having has to do with volume while using the media player. Whenever it changes to a new song, the volume increases to the highest level. No matter what song, artist, etc. The second issue is that when using flycast.fm app, I get an IT policy error with the app going outside the firewall. Any advice on how to rectify either of the issues? Thank you.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm not having that issue with the volume at all on my 8330 running 4.5.0.97 My volume doesn't increase on it's own when it changes to a new song. As far as the firewall issue, do you have your firewall turned on? Some apps will do that unless you turn the firewall off while using them.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    rdc, What's your device? You're not talking about using .97 on a 7250 are you? You might take a little time and update your profile with device (unless that's accurate), locations, carrier, etc. so we can better answer your question.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Right, haven't been online to use the website in quite some time. Usually use it on my berry. Although it should be obvious that it's and 8330 since that's the forum I posted it in. Nonetheless, I am in the Verizon network. Also, there is a redlock on the firewall, which does not allow me to disable it. As for the volume I still can't figure it out, must be just a bug specific to my phone, although other suggestions are appreciated. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Also, I was hoping someone had a solution for removing the red lock other than using a blank IT/jlcmnd(sp) ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by rcd213 View Post
    ............ Although it should be obvious that it's and 8330 since that's the forum I posted it in. (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It should be although I try not to make assumptions I should have here because of the release (for the 8330) and the forum where you posted. You'd be surprised where some users post some questions about some things and I wanted to make sure.

Back to your problem, like Azstar (who made the right assumption, gave you an answer and is obviously smarter than me anyway) I too have the 8330 and don't have that volume problem with the changing selections. Also, I have never even activated my firewall - did you happen to wipe the 8330 before you installed the OS. Is it possible to take the time to do that to see if the red lock disappears. THere's no BES involved here or any company issues, is there? If you DO go through the wipe and re-install routine, be sure to back up everthing before you do it and, although I've never removed my media card for any upgrade nor had a problem with it, I think in your case if you have one I'd take that out before you do any wipes, etc.

Maybe someone else will see this a weigh in with some ideas. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Berrymaniac no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ihad the volume issue with incoming calls - the first second was of voice blasted at supersonic volume - then back to normal for every incoming call. I am sure its a bug. I downgraded to verizons official .77 OS and all is good. Not much noticeable difference between the .97 and .77 software.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah, you're right, many don't post here in the proper forum. It's a BIS activation and I am the original owner with no BES activation. I'll definitely try the tips you've given me. Thanks for the help! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

@Berrymaniac: yeah I might go back to .77 if I can't resolve my problems any other way. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Berrymaniac View Post
    Ihad the volume issue with incoming calls - the first second was of voice blasted at supersonic volume - then back to normal for every incoming call. I am sure its a bug. I downgraded to verizons official .77 OS and all is good. Not much noticeable difference between the .97 and .77 software.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Interesting to know about .97! I usually try the new ones but I haven't this one because .77 has worked so well I'm giving myself a (time) break and letting you pioneers do it. ALso I'm fairly new to the 8330 and have GPS and other features that I didn't have with T-Mobile to play with. Now I know I'll let .97 go for now!

Any other 8330 users/.97 pioneers out there with weird volume experiences?
    Last edited by jblackfish; 11-08-2008 at 11:32 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That sound issue with the call coming through speakerphone for a second when you first answer is very common in .77 as well. I've had it on both .77 and .97 and know many users who have the same experience. I even read of one who didn't have it for the first month of using it then one day it just started doing that.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    That sound issue with the call coming through speakerphone for a second when you first answer is very common in .77 as well. --------------
    Yikes! I don't want any "developing" problems on .77! I've never had that one on .77. **crosses fingers**

Yeah I had .77 from cell south for a few days, then went to .97 and didn't feel like switching back to the VZW official version when it just came out. Also with .77 I had the IT issue with docs to go, which was the main reason I upgraded bc I didn't want to deal with the IT policy. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berrymaniac no está en línea Stack level 1
    True point about the volume issue on .77 and .97. Though so far so good on verizons official .77~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PROCUT08 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have .97 on verizon 8330 w no probs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast