Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by planneau Do you have a link , I am willing to give ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    Do you have a link, I am willing to give it a shot. My 8100 is about three years old. I didn't get the curve because I am waiting for the bold. Let me know were to go, i don't have nothing to lose.
    No, because it's still in beta. You can find it with a Google search of 4.5.0.69.

Good luck!

jay_d83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0FCBC
    Quote Originally Posted by gots2beme View Post
    This is still BETA, correct? I'm trying to wait for an official release. What are the significant changes from 55 to 69?
    I was still using the 4.2 version before I jumped up to the 4.5 so I'm not sure what the .55 had.

Quote Originally Posted by ashdub01 View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the beta hype is? I see people complaining about the beta versions and I see people wanting the beta versions...so what's the difference?
    Beta's are unofficial releases of the device OS, and in most cases have lots of bugs to contend with. The later the release number, the less (hopefully!) bugs in the software. Supposedly, the 4.5.0.69 is as close to the "official" release as possible and that's why so many people are clamoring for it.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Cant wait for the official release of one w/docs to go for my 8120!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

sacflava no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2434C42B
    Does the .69 version still have the low volume issue like all the previous 4.5 versions?

Quote Originally Posted by sacflava View Post
    Does the .69 version still have the low volume issue like all the previous 4.5 versions?
    For some people, yes, but I haven't noticed anything.

dllindsay no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400B422F

8310 OS upgrade needed

I originally bought an 8330 through Sprint about 3 1/2 weeks ago, but I am returning it due to unacceptably poor service & signal strength - sitting in my house, calling my BB from my home phone, out of 20 attempts, 6 get through on average (the rest go straight to voice mail). The 8330 had the 4.3.0.127 OS.

Today, I bought an 8310 through AT & T, and it has the 4.2.2.170 OS (platform 2.5.0.30). Although there are several features I much prefer with the 4.3.0.127 OS, so far the most annoying one is that it is does not appear possible to opt for "full menu" all of the time when pushing the trackball. On the 8320 with 4.3.0.127 the last section under options>Screen/Keyboard was for "Menu" (just below the trackball adjustments), but on this one the trackball settings are the last item listed under options>Screen/Keyboard. I tried AT & T's download page wireless.att.com/bbdownloads but it only has the same 4.2.2.170 available.

Long story short, I have seen many postings describing problems with the 4.5 version of the OS, so I want to know where can I go to obtain an upgraded version that will work with my 8310 (4.3.x.x, 4.4.x.x, or even the 4.5.x.x)?

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    Do you have a link, I am willing to give it a shot. My 8100 is about three years old. I didn't get the curve because I am waiting for the bold. Let me know were to go, i don't have nothing to lose.
    How time flies!

The first 8100 is not even 2 years old yet! It was first released 12th September 2006.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

sumthinnew no está en línea Stack level 2
    Dllinsay

I don't think anyone here can suggest a beta OS that would work flawlessly without some sort of issues. I have tired out all beta releases since day one and they all have issues. Some issues common with what other users have reported on various forums, and some issues that I have experience that noone else has. Even official OS 4.5 have been reported with issues also. As far as the issue you are having that you can't selct full menu. It is strange as i can select that option under the trackball setting. So right there my point is proven that all OS whether official or beta have their quirks. If you have time, like i did, just install each one that you can find and test them out till you are happy with one. I don't suggest it as it takes along time and can potentially brick your BB. I have a second BB thats why I was able to try out all the beta OS. Good luck

SunnyD no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Cant wait for the official release of one w/docs to go for my 8120!
    just for any FYI i have docs to go on my 8120. im running the .52 version from Orange UK. i'm pretty sure that if you go into apps and stuff like that. it should be an option to install

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12