Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Was just curious as to know if the 8320 will be able to do ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mrperez67 no está en línea Stack level 1

3G ota update for Tmobile........

Advertisement

I Was just curious as to know if the 8320 will be able to do a ota d/l to be 3g capable . With the new Javelin coming out and 3g apparently making its debut in NYC in Oct. maybe there will be an ota OS like the 4.6 with 3g ! what do you guys think ????

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    3G is actually hardware. You will need a 3G antenna for the device to be 3G compatible. Therefore all previous Blackberrys are not 3G compatible. For now the Bold is the only one slated to be 3G

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mrperez67 View Post
    I Was just curious as to know if the 8320 will be able to do a ota d/l to be 3g capable . With the new Javelin coming out and 3g apparently making its debut in NYC in Oct. maybe there will be an ota OS like the 4.6 with 3g ! what do you guys think ????
    3G has already been implemented in NYC and Las Vegas just recently. No blackberry before the Bold is capable of 3G. The special radios inside are not capable of picking up such a signal....

fatsoomeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA7EFA
    true true
    but im sure some berry addict SOMEWHERE (Hopefully a stack member) would somehow make it work so we can just replace the antenna or some other hardwares to make it work
    or is there more to it than just that?
    Titanium 8900
    PIN: 24AA7EFA

Past Devices:
    8100, 8800, 8320

yoyoboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    There is a 3g 8700 out there. As for hacking it I don't think that's an option unfortunatly. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bcagle3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247cc63c
    Let me tell you a 3g secret. The purpose of 3g and how it works is increased bandwith to allow more users per tower in areas where network capicity is an issue. Ie New York Dallas Las Vegas the byproudct of this is faster speeds. But these speeds are only available and reliable when the network is not strained. So by all means spend time and money on a new device or an upgrade of your current berry. But in all reality you will only see a minor speed increase most of the time and a little better during off-peak times. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by bcagle3; 08-18-2008 at 10:18 AM.

bcagle3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247cc63c
    Sorry new berry has no spellcheck, and I need it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bunky1971 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22F29DE1

my 2 shiny pennies

Quote Originally Posted by bcagle3 View Post
    Let me tell you a 3g secret. The purpose of 3g and how it works is increased bandwith to allow more users per tower in areas where network capicity is an issue. Ie New York Dallas Las Vegas the byproudct of this is faster speeds. But these speeds are only available and reliable when the network is not strained. So by all means spend time and money on a new device or an upgrade of your current berry. But in all reality you will only see a minor speed increase most of the time and a little better during off-peak times. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Actually, the point of 3G/HSDPA is 2 fold...Faster data transfer rates and the ability to utilize VOICE and DATA at the same time. (Prior to my BB, I used the HTC 8525 on ATT 3G - I could be tethered and/or browsing and talking at the same time...)
    Ohhh BTW........just what exactly is a Bunky?

mapalmer67 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    A blackberry tech told me that my 8120 already had the 3G technology in it for when 3G came out.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by mapalmer67 View Post
    A blackberry tech told me that my 8120 already had the 3G technology in it for when 3G came out.
    That tech must have been confused.

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    Quote Originally Posted by bunky1971 View Post
    Actually, the point of 3G/HSDPA is 2 fold...Faster data transfer rates and the ability to utilize VOICE and DATA at the same time. (Prior to my BB, I used the HTC 8525 on ATT 3G - I could be tethered and/or browsing and talking at the same time...)
    Yep, voice and data at the same time. Faster (more reliable?) data speeds.
    While I'd love to have it, I can live without it for a bit longer, I have thus far. I hope it matures to the point where having it doesn't kill your battery. We'll see what 4G has in store and how far handsets will go to use these features, what compromises must be made, like battery life...

Doozerbb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248628d3
    Quote Originally Posted by mapalmer67 View Post
    wishful thinking but no

tacticalacti no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerbb View Post
    wishful thinking but no
    Maybe I am confused:

Reddog and Drew said it takes a special receiver, and that no previous Blackberries have it.

Version has a 3G net work and they have Blackberries on it.
    Tmobile does not have 3G and they have Blackberries on it. But they are upgrading.

So RIM has made 2 versions of every Curve model?
    One with 3G and one with out?

If that's the case, then I need to hunt down a Version model and get it unlocked.

However I would be more inclined to believe that tmobile has the 3G hardware and it turned off via software.

In my case I have a 8320 that was bought in april.

jcon249679 no está en línea Stack level 2
    No black berries are 3g capable for t mobile right now there are only 4 to 5 handsets as we speak that t mobile has samsung 639, nokia 6301, samsung t819, one more can't think of the other model

mrperez67 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticalacti View Post
    Maybe I am confused:

Reddog and Drew said it takes a special receiver, and that no previous Blackberries have it.

Version has a 3G net work and they have Blackberries on it.
    Tmobile does not have 3G and they have Blackberries on it. But they are upgrading.

So RIM has made 2 versions of every Curve model?
    One with 3G and one with out?

If that's the case, then I need to hunt down a Version model and get it unlocked.

However I would be more inclined to believe that tmobile has the 3G hardware and it turned off via software.

In my case I have a 8320 that was bought in april.

Wait you have a point there , if n wen tmo rolls out 3g , cant we simply buy a 3g curve and unlock it and get 3g sevice ? if im getting way ahead of myself and someone knows where i went wrong plz post !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast