Every day due to freezing screen and a moving hourglass, I have to do at ... BlackBerry Curve forum

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E

3 soft resets and 2 battery pulls

Advertisement

Every day due to freezing screen and a moving hourglass, I have to do at least 3 alt-r.shift-del to reset my curve. I also end up doing battery pulls same days.
    Info: vzw curve 8330 using os 4.3.0.127. The device is 2 months old. I have ePocrates weathereye(underground weather) and weather bug running in background.
    The free memory goes from 171xxxxx to 131xxxxx without even using the BB much. The freezing is random. Could be doing nothing but coming out of holdster, typing email, browsing web, whatever. I am at a loss.
    I will take any and all advice please. Feel free to PM or PIN me anytime.
    "How am I supposed to know? I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

BB VZW 8330 Curve 4.5.0.77
    PIN is in Profile

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    seems to me one of your 3rd party apps has a memory leak. Try removing all your 3rd party apps and install one at a time to see which one might be causing it. and once found see if there is a udated version of that app or email the people who created it and tell them whats up and see if they have a solution.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzdoss View Post

There is not an "official" one from Verizon yet. I also want to make sure it is not a handset issue and is a definite software issue or I will have to return to vzw for a replacement *ack* refurb.

PIN is in Profile

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by fritter View Post
    seems to me one of your 3rd party apps has a memory leak. Try removing all your 3rd party apps and install one at a time to see which one might be causing it. and once found see if there is a udated version of that app or email the people who created it and tell them whats up and see if they have a solution.

Deleted all my themes to get some memory back.
    Have deleted all newer programs but cannot find the leak, it is driving me insane!!

Most of my programs are icons to web sites, like Pinstack and CB, USA TOday, and the such.

Keep the ideas coming please.

PIN is in Profile

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    Quote Originally Posted by misterrx View Post
    Deleted all my themes to get some memory back.
    Have deleted all newer programs but cannot find the leak, it is driving me insane!!

Most of my programs are icons to web sites, like Pinstack and CB, USA TOday, and the such.

Keep the ideas coming please.
    How many extra icon links do you have exactly? The more you have the more memory it would be taking up, as well with all extra themes and 3rd party apps deleted, you should not still be having an issue, and if you are then It might definitely be the hardware or just a random isolated solution.

If you can return it and get a new one, you might as well!
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    OMG.. I deleted all extra themes. I deleted ePocrates and brought up a buch of free memory. Still leaking from somewhere. I forgot to do a backupo in the past couple weeks so I decided after deleting these I would do a backup and it fails.

Data was not recognized by the device. When it says Receiving Profiles.

Now what?

UPDATE:
    Restored back to 2 weeks ago. Ack lost emails from last 2 weeks didn;t think of that. Still will not allow backup Still losing memory somewhere.

Called Verizon, they have no refurbished available. They cannot auto send me a new one until it goes to credit department. I did a priority overnight for $15.00 but soonest I may get it is Tuesday of course., so wasted $$. That is if they will even send me a phone. They are also charging me $50.00 for some reason even though it is a manufacturer defect.
    Last edited by misterrx; 08-22-2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling and addtional info

PIN is in Profile

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah. I have the same issue on my 8100. I'm not sure what else to get rid of. I even have done memory cleaning and disabled the support java script on my browser. Any extra help would be a great help. Thanks. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~