I sold my friend my 8300 when I got my 8900. It's been fine for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xRuhRohx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    26D07FE8

3 issues with 8300... Please help

Advertisement

I sold my friend my 8300 when I got my 8900. It's been fine for several months. This past week he said he would make calls and the phone would reboot. The battery does not hold a charge, and the USB port is loose. He has to wiggle the charger to get it to charge.

1) Reboot during calls after about 7 minutes
    2) Battery wont last very long
    3) Loose USB port

I assume that 1 and 2 would be resolved with a new battery. But I don't want to tell him to buy a new battery and still have the reboot issue during calls. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Could the reboot problem be caused by either a weak battery or weak connection so that the connection "breaks" as though it had been pulled out? The loose USB port is probably fixable by replacing the port - unfortunately BB's sometimes have problems of worn out USB ports.

I'd have your friend try to find a shop that can assess the problems and advise him.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

xRuhRohx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    26D07FE8
    I would assume that the reboot issue would be from the battery. I think it happened to me once in the year i owned it, but her said it started happening when the battery stopped holding a charge for very long. But then again, the USB port being loose might cause all those issues since it is used for charging.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    you can buy a new USB port from cnn.cn