First, let me say that moving to a 3.5 mm jack is a big plus ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JimP no está en línea Stack level 1

3.5mm to 2.5mm headset converters

Advertisement

First, let me say that moving to a 3.5 mm jack is a big plus for those of us who want to listen to music on the Curve. However... it does pose one problem for me.

I have a cell phone interface in my airplane audio panel which I use getting ATC clearances, or calling US customs to give an ETA during international flights. My problem is that the cabling is set up for a 2.5 mm cell phone connector.

I am not at the plane now... so I do not really know if it is a 3 or 4 connector plug. I can check that tomorrow evening. The easiest solution would be a converter that converts a 2.5mm male to a 3.5mm male.

Worse case is to have a custom cable made. For that, I would need to know the function and position of each of the four connectors of the Curve.

Thanks in advance.

/Jim

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 3.5mm to 2.5mm headset converters

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Go to Seidioonline.com. They are the only company that has the adapter you need. Just go to blackberry 8800 items.

Thank you... that looks like the right solution. I'll order it as I think it will be what I need. I'll report back after it arrives and I get a chance to test drive it in the plane.

/Jim

Reporting in:

I checked out the plane... and the cell phone interface is a 3 connector 2.5mm connection. I also have ordered the converter and I am waiting for its arrival. I probably wont be testing this until after new years.

/Jim

I tested the Seidio adapter, and unfortunately, it did not work properly. I think (but I am not positive) that it is related to the fact that the Curve has a 4 connector socket, and my plane has a 3 connector plug. I am not sure which of the 3 signals are being connected to the Curve.

What I found was as follows: I called my wife (who was standing outside the plane) and she could hear me just fine (indicating that MIC is connected OK. However, I could not hear her at all. If I slowly pull the connector out of the Curve, then I could hear her momentarily. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

Does anyone know the function of each of the 4 signals in the curve's connector? If I knew that, I could probably fabricate a custom cable. Also... I suspect that two of the signals are R and L audio out. How would I configure that for mono telephone conversations?

Thanks in advance.

/Jim

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    I tested the Seidio adapter, and unfortunately, it did not work properly. I think (but I am not positive) that it is related to the fact that the Curve has a 4 connector socket, and my plane has a 3 connector plug. I am not sure which of the 3 signals are being connected to the Curve.

What I found was as follows: I called my wife (who was standing outside the plane) and she could hear me just fine (indicating that MIC is connected OK. However, I could not hear her at all. If I slowly pull the connector out of the Curve, then I could hear her momentarily. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

Does anyone know the function of each of the 4 signals in the curve's connector? If I knew that, I could probably fabricate a custom cable. Also... I suspect that two of the signals are R and L audio out. How would I configure that for mono telephone conversations?

Thanks in advance.

/Jim
    Jim,

Please call 832-204-1118 and ask for Kelvin. He is our top technical support analyst and may be able to help you.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Jim,

Please call 832-204-1118 and ask for Kelvin. He is our top technical support analyst and may be able to help you.

Thanks,
    Thank you... I will call Kelvin after the holidays . Thanks for the tip.

/Jim