My wifes BB Curve 8330 Verizon at least twice a week has this problem. When ... BlackBerry Curve forum

leodgr81 no está en línea Stack level 1

2nd phone same problem

Advertisement

My wifes BB Curve 8330 Verizon at least twice a week has this problem. When she gets a call the person calling her can hear her but she cannot hear them. This happens randomly a couple of times a week. It does not make a difference if the call comes from a land line or cell phone. She can still get and send email and text meesages but she cannot hear them. After she does a reboot the phone works. This is the 2nd phone it is doing it on. Any one have any idea what could be causing this. I don't think it could be 2 different phones with the same problem.

Thanks,

Leo

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by leodgr81 View Post
    I don't think it could be 2 different phones with the same problem.

Thanks,

Leo
    It could be possible. When you get a phone replaced due to a warrantable issue you get a refurbished phone. I would definitely take it back for replacement again.

blondee028 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    could be they sent you back the same phone!!!

Nope they sent a new phone first. I did a transfer of data from one BB device to another then shipped then it back.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    What OS do you have on the phone?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

what came on the phone 4.3.0.127

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    This has nothing to do with the OS version on the phone. It has everything to do with the cellular network & phone interface. This is a problem than can affect any carrier & any phone. The solution? Go to the store where you bought the phone & demand a replacement. Or if purchased online, then call them & demand another phone. Often times it's a firmware issue wich will have been fixed on a more current production run. Once you get a phone that will operate properly your problems are over.

(wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for all your help. I have done the *228 and pulled the battery several times a week and still the problem exists. What troubles me is that it happened on two different phones which leads me to believe it is a chip releated issue. I have my own Curve and have never had the issue my wife's curve has. Same OS, same Carrier. The only difference is her ring tones and alerts for emails and text messages. Could that be the issue. Is it possible that one of them is corrupt somehow.

Leo

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Get her a BOLD! Problem solved.

Sorry, had to say it. I really don't know what the problem could be. I have had 2 curves, both had issues, but neither had this issue.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by leodgr81 View Post
    Thanks for all your help. I have done the *228 and pulled the battery several times a week and still the problem exists. What troubles me is that it happened on two different phones which leads me to believe it is a chip releated issue. I have my own Curve and have never had the issue my wife's curve has. Same OS, same Carrier. The only difference is her ring tones and alerts for emails and text messages. Could that be the issue. Is it possible that one of them is corrupt somehow.

Leo
    my 1st verizon pearl did this three or four times within the first couple of months so i took it back.the replacement did it one more time but hasn't done it since(been several months).i have upgraded to 4.5 os...don't know if that had anything to do with the miracle healing or not.probably not...i trust archer's comment.

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Do you know if it happens after she runs a 3rd party program? I use to have this happen after I made a call from within Berry411.

No she just uses it as a phone to get calls and text messages. The only 3rd party app on it is vlingo which she does not use.