Iam about to order a 2 Gig sandisk micro sd card and a smartphone expert ... BlackBerry Curve forum

trueblue02l no está en línea Stack level 2

2GB Media Card

Advertisement

Iam about to order a 2 Gig sandisk micro sd card and a smartphone expert screen protector. I was hoping someone could tell me what all the media card can be used to store so I can free up space on my curve 8330 and so I know how big to go....thanks.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    The bigger-the-better, I always say! Check this out:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ze+Card+Loader

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    the SD card can be used for music, pictures, video, documents, ect. All types of media can be stored on it. The only things that you cannot put on it are programs that run on your BB. The BB won't run programs from a card. But like I said, all kinds of MEDIA can be stored there.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

Reply:

Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    the SD card can be used for music, pictures, video, documents, ect. All types of media can be stored on it. The only things that you cannot put on it are programs that run on your BB. The BB won't run programs from a card. But like I said, all kinds of MEDIA can be stored there.
    The way the loader works is: It will load your favs. on card, but still use device memory....that is, till you "unload-it" to the card. Apps. that way you do not use as much, will be prime targets for this! Works great!
    Last edited by Jbee; 05-18-2008 at 01:59 AM.

Alright. Thanks guys. I dont plan to have but just some ringtones on there and maybe a few vids or pictures. Just my 80 gig vid Ipod for all the hardcore storage. Shouldnt the 2 gig be good?

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    The 8330 can handle up to an 8gb card, and i would recommend it, as i fill my 2gb card up in about 30sec.

Waiting for 4.5, and then i am getting 8gb.

Wow! Well I didn't expect that you could fill a card that fast. How many photos,videos, and ringtones will a 2 gig hold roughly?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive got a 2GB, I have 40 ring tones, 80 full length MP3 songs, and 5 episodes of CSI, and 50 wall papers and still have 800-900 MB left on it

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    That would take a ton of fines for normnal use. If you are looking at ring tones, some music and a bunch of pictures. Considering that I believe you said you had an 80 gb IPod, you will be fine with a 2 gb card. Let's leep in mind, that while we love our blackberries, they are not high quality cameras or meant to be the main storage device for your music or picture files. With the ability to easily import music or picture files to your bb, there is no reason to store all or the majority of your files on the card in your bb.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    on my pearl i use a 2gb memory card, i have varioous zip files of blackberry apps, different programs for making ringtones, converting video, desktop manager and different os on my card as well as all 2700 ringtones i've made, and some music and pictures, pdf files and word and excel documents. it's more of a storage hub for me and my curve i have a 4gb card. i have a dvd, and a few music videos lots of music, pictures, ringtones....they are very useful
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Thanks guys. Thats whats i was wanting to hear. Yea since I have my 80 gig Ipod I have all the songs and movies on there that I need. Just want to use the mem card for the bb to hold some excel and access files for school and just ringtones here and there. Bout to go order it now.