I figured I kill two birds with one stone by just posting one email. Question ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

2 questions- App loading and windows live search

Advertisement

I figured I kill two birds with one stone by just posting one email.

Question 1- When I use the app loader the "MDS Runtime" and "DOD Root Certificates" are not installed. Should I install these (whatever they are)?

Question 2- Is "Windows Live Search" free? I downloaded it, but I see in the terms and conditions it is talking about data transmission charges that are to be paid directly to Microsoft.

As always appreciate everyones feedback!

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 2 questions- App loading and windows live search

the mds is an application used for users on a BES so if your not on one you don't need it. http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/mobile.jsp

i believe the dod root certificates are used for secure websites??? they should install when needed???

live search is free to use as per charges from microsoft, you would only be charged for data if you don't have an unlimited data plan and go over your data amount.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadidas View Post
    the mds is an application used for users on a BES so if your not on one you don't need it. http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/mobile.jsp

i believe the dod root certificates are used for secure websites??? they should install when needed???

live search is free to use as per charges from microsoft, you would only be charged for data if you don't have an unlimited data plan and go over your data amount.
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'll leave those apps unistalled. Also, I have an unlimited AT&T data plan so I guess WLS would be free then.

I did think of one other BB question though; is there a way to get a reminder beep or vibrate for missed calls, texts or emails?

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'll leave those apps unistalled. Also, I have an unlimited AT&T data plan so I guess WLS would be free then.

I did think of one other BB question though; is there a way to get a reminder beep or vibrate for missed calls, texts or emails?
    Just to confirm, if you have unlimited data WLS is free to you.
    As far as i know there is only the missed call indicator light at the top of the BB.
    Might be a little app floating out around there I don't know about.
    Otherwise no.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec7 View Post
    Just to confirm, if you have unlimited data WLS is free to you.
    As far as i know there is only the missed call indicator light at the top of the BB.
    Might be a little app floating out around there I don't know about.
    Otherwise no.
    Ok. I just mainly wanted to check about WLS. I was a bit reluctant to press the "accept" button as there were pages and pages about charges, contracts and billing statements in their terms and conditions. The last thing I want is another charge on my phone because I pressed accept