Hello, I have some text messages on my phone that I need to save and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

1930boop no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 2 Questions about SMS and New App Store

Advertisement

Hello,

I have some text messages on my phone that I need to save and print. Is there a program out there that will move all of these said messages to my computer so I can print them?

Also I have downloaded the App store to my phone. Do I have to have internet connection to look at all of the apps to decide if I want to buy one or not? When I go to open the app store it says "Error starting net_rim_bb_appworld:Forced reset manager. Schedul Device reset No timout not found. Any idea on what the heck this means?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm not sure of a program like what you are asking for to print your sms messages. But you can copy the message contents to an email and then preint that email from your computer. Or you can take screen shots of the messages and save them to your computer. There may be other options, I just never needed t do this so I have not paid attention to or looked for anything with this capability.

And as far as the app world goes, yes you need a data plan and need to be in an area of data coverage in order to view apps on app world, download them, or purchase them.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    There is a program thats called ABC Amber Blackberry Converter.... it takes your blackberry backed up files and allows you to extract the sms into a pdf and print them. in threaded format if you like

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'd simply copy and paste as az said. Easy and free.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    depends on why he needs to print the messages, if its jsut for him then yes copy and pasting is fine, but if its for court then thats not going to fly..... the PDF from the backup establishes that the file was not tampered with...

Court? Pray I never need any of my sms for court. Get your point though.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    You can bring up your menu on the sms text, and forward as email (if you have your settings to keep X amount of conversations I believe it will forward the whole conversation between you and that person..

There are apps that you can set up to keep a log of all your text, im sure they have some type of PC based loggon system that you can access all of them, but It wont work on past text, only ones you get once you set it up.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

1930boop no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for your suggestions, I do not have e-mail set up for my Blackberry so I can not send them to my PC. Also yes I will possibly need these for court that's why I need to save and print.

You can set up an email easily. Would suggest doing it regardless of the sms issue.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    scratch that, that only works on msn conversations.

But you can copy and paste the whole conversation at one time, after you go in sms options and boost show previous to 50 (note it will only show what you still have, it will not show deleted ones.... NOPE nevermind that doesnt work either, egads that suxors haha. sorry to be of absolutely no help.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

At lest you gave a good try.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    ok i have a DEF answer..yes you can print sms and phone books. BUT, its not something everyone has laying around the house...at work (cellphone company) we have whats called a UMA machine that transfers numbers from one phone to another...but if you put your phone on it and transfer the data to a mem card or thumb drive then you have the option to save in HTML format which will print. Just wanted to letya know it CAN be done...so maybe go to your local cellphone company and see if they can do that for ya..may charge a lil bit but depending on why you want the data if may be worth it. GL
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

yump0p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    why not just fwd the text message to your email? click forward as email ? simple