First, I'll start by saying I've been a BB user for some time now. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rickusmc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24458A17

Question 2 Questions

Advertisement

First, I'll start by saying I've been a BB user for some time now. I had the Pearl for a while, but got really sick and tired of T-Mobile and their crappy service, and I switched to AT&T. With the switch, I upgraded to the 8310. So I like to *think* I'm relatively BB savvy. But I'm freakin lost on two things:

#1: Because I'm often in public places, and have a propensity to leave my phone laying around, I set a password on it. Well it's become a gigantic pain in my ***. I went in to disable it, and upon doing so I noticed that I can't. The only option I have is to change the password. I don't WANT to change it, I want to disable that function outright. I know one of you knows how, care to enlighten me?

#2: On my Blackberry Desktop on my PC, in the Media Manager, I created a couple different folders in "music" containing various playlists (mp3). However, on my 8310, those folders don't exist, and all my tunes are in one general location all mixed together, and I don't want it that way, hence the reason I made the seperate folders. So, again, I'm sure one of you has this figured out as well, any answer to this? I want to be able to open the media folder on my BB, open music, and see the different folders with my different playlists. Surely this is possible. Right?

Thanks guys and gals. Sorry if these are repeat questions.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 2 Questions

1. Options>Security Options>General Settings>Password>Disabled

2. Try going into Media>Menu>Explore>Media Card>Blackberry>Then either you will see your folder there or create a new one.
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    24458A17

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    1. Options>Security Options>General Settings>Password>Disabled

2. Try going into Media>Menu>Explore>Media Card>Blackberry>Then either you will see your folder there or create a new one.
    For #1:

I tried that, there is a little red lock next to where it says "enabled" (because it's currently enabled), and I cannot change it to "disabled". I assume that red lock means I can't touch it from there. Is there anywhere else? Why the frig can't I do it from there? I don't like being told I can't do stuff on my own phone...

For #2: Sounds like that'd be the trick, I'll try it in a bit here.

Thanks!

1. Yeah that is strange.. let me look around for a bit and try to get you an answer..
    -------
    Try looking here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._password.html

Seems that some of the people having this problem didn't get there issue resolved and had to do an OS re-install. Try using the steps in the thread I gave you and see if that works for you..
    Last edited by lauren25; 01-31-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged.
    ~Lauren

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Quote Originally Posted by rickusmc View Post
    For #1:

I tried that, there is a little red lock next to where it says "enabled" (because it's currently enabled), and I cannot change it to "disabled". I assume that red lock means I can't touch it from there. Is there anywhere else? Why the frig can't I do it from there? I don't like being told I can't do stuff on my own phone...
    Do you have an IT Policy on your BB?

PIN/ID
    24458A17

Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post
    Do you have an IT Policy on your BB?
    I'm not supposed to.

I may have to just call them today. I hate doing that, they make you feel retarded.

I've been giving myself a headache trying to figure this out, because it should be simple and it's proving not to be.

PIN/ID
    24458A17

Lauren, thanks for your input. #2 is now worked out, I found my folders. I wish they'd show up as soon as I open the music icon, but at least they're there and I can get to them.

#1 remains unsolved, but I'll update.

Glad it worked
    I'll keep looking around for other solutions to the password problem, and let you know.

--The only solution I keep coming to is to re-install your OS. This is a bit of a pain and the last solution that I can think of..

How to do this:
    Here is a link about wiping the OS:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=2383

Installing a new OS:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929
    Last edited by lauren25; 01-31-2008 at 04:34 PM.
    ~Lauren

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Going to Media>Menu>Explore>Media Card>Music works to gain access to folders, but why is it when I am done listening to the specified folders and I click the esc button, I get a message saying I am about to turn the audio boost on?