I didnt really look in the forums. So forgive me if there is a thread ... BlackBerry Curve forum

demyxxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Question 2 BB question

Advertisement

I didnt really look in the forums. So forgive me if there is a thread already for it. but, is it ok to load 2 different blackberries(1 8320 and 1 8800) in the same computer with a desktop manager? or is there a special way to do it?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: 2 BB question

Hi demyxxx. If you are asking about syncing with outlook on a computer the issue you run into is the contacts and calender and such get mixed up. If they are both your phones no issue but if they are 2 different people's phone everything gets jumbled. Set up separate profiles in outlook and have each one log in separately when you sync and it will keep it separate. If you are not syncing with outlook then yes the same DM can be used for both.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 12-21-2007 at 11:47 AM.

nelsong no está en línea Stack level 3

You can select what folders to sync. Either bb's can have different contact lists in outlook.

Murfunit no está en línea Stack level 2

I sync mine and my husband's BBs on the same install of DM

His outlook contacts are in a "His" profile in Outlook, Mine are in a "Hers" (well not exactly those names but you get the idea :P)

When you set the sync preferences in DM (They're stored by PIN) you can tell it which Outlook folder to sync to sync to for each phone
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

demyxxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

oo ok. that's good. i dont really care about the syncing but thank you. that was good to know. what i was wondering was like the whole vendor.xml, and all the seperate applications i have on each of my bberry. like will the application become messed up? cause i have diff application in each bberry kinda thing. i apologize in advance. i know i'm not too clear on my questioning..

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

You will have no problem as what was explained before the DM uses the PIN of the device to associate the data for each individual device with the correct device.