1. It seems that I cannot have any other theme on my phone than the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Question 2 8900 Theme Problems- Need Assistance Plz

Advertisement

1. It seems that I cannot have any other theme on my phone than the stock ones or I get a java.lang.nullpoint error. I looked, over the past month or so, on RIM's support site and did what it told me to do. Regardless whenever I put a new theme on a day or so later I always get the error. If I don't remove it my mailbox and facebook disappear. Then when I remove the theme all is fine. Have you heard this before?

2. Also whenever I do have a theme loaded and it's a Today Plus theme on the homescreen Message spot it displays all my Sent SMS messages even though I have them hidden in the message options. What is the cause of that?
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are you using themes built with the newest version of the plazmic theme builder software? Themes built with the older version weren't really compatible.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Yes

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't know what themes you're tried (they're all made by different people of course and posted in various places). I've used 2 different today themes (deleted one) and they didn't do anything bad to my phone. The issue I've heard is that IF you have the theme running AND you do a battery pull sometimes the phone freezes on the Tmobile screen. If so you have to turn it off using the red button, then turn it back on, then go to themes in options and switch to the stock theme THEN switch back to the new one. Because of that I switch to the stock theme before I pull the battery, then switch back. I've heard that this only happens IF you have unread messages but I can't vouch for that.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    I don't know what themes you're tried (they're all made by different people of course and posted in various places). I've used 2 different today themes (deleted one) and they didn't do anything bad to my phone. The issue I've heard is that IF you have the theme running AND you do a battery pull sometimes the phone freezes on the Tmobile screen. If so you have to turn it off using the red button, then turn it back on, then go to themes in options and switch to the stock theme THEN switch back to the new one. Because of that I switch to the stock theme before I pull the battery, then switch back. I've heard that this only happens IF you have unread messages but I can't vouch for that.
    Yes that is how I get the work around, but It's frustrating to have to deal with it. For me it is any third party theme no matter who the author is.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK. Some claim they do not have the problem with OS .168 with certain themes. I use the workaround my self (don't want to find out).
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

I've had it with all OSes for the 8900- unfortunately.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

YMark no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    2. Also whenever I do have a theme loaded and it's a Today Plus theme on the homescreen Message spot it displays all my Sent SMS messages even though I have them hidden in the message options. What is the cause of that?
    I believe this is an issue with Plazmic. I have this same issue with any Today Plus theme from numerous theme developers. I can't believe none of them have figures this out. IMO, this really screws up the functionality of Today Plus themes.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by YMark View Post
    I believe this is an issue with Plazmic. I have this same issue with any Today Plus theme from numerous theme developers. I can't believe none of them have figures this out. IMO, this really screws up the functionality of Today Plus themes.
    Agreed! Does ANYONE have a solution for this? Thanks

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Are you using themes built with the newest version of the plazmic theme builder software? Themes built with the older version weren't really compatible.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    I just tested a theme that I just made with the new plazmic themebuilder and it still gets the uncaught exeption and has missing icons now. Not sure why we are having this problem. Maybe Plazmic is not compatible with any OS that is out so far. Hope it get's fixed soon. It's a pain to have to go back to a precision theme everytime you reset your phone.