Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Not sure that will make a difference since he said his PRL was the same ... BlackBerry Curve forum

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Advertisement

Not sure that will make a difference since he said his PRL was the same as his co-worker who has 1XEV coverage standing right next to him. Never hurts to try though.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Not sure that will make a difference since he said his PRL was the same as his co-worker who has 1XEV coverage standing right next to him. Never hurts to try though.
    I agree that it shouldn't make a difference but can't hurt either. That was offered to me years ago by an Alltel rep as something that "updates your towers" but now the msg offers to "update your roaming." I don't really know what it does for sure.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    It allows the phone to "recognize" new towers that have been put up or made available in the area or new towers that Alltel has contracted to roam on providing a better connection when it can.

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Just a thought - have your tried calling *228 to "update your roaming" or towers or whatever that does?
    Ohh yeah, many times. The problem is....when it's in 1xev mode, it won't even update the PRL. DANGIT.....it just changed to 1xev just now...UGHHHH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    It allows the phone to "recognize" new towers that have been put up or made available in the area or new towers that Alltel has contracted to roam on providing a better connection when it can.
    That's pretty-much as it was described to me by the rep the 1st time I was told about it - that it updated any new towers....
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Jglee, Is it possible for you visit an Alltel store and let a rep look at it (if it will do it at the store) and compare it to their handsets? I can't think of anything to suggest if your settings are identical to your friends at work. Is it possible that you have a bad device?

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    back on 1XEV now, man this is painful!!

If you're sure that your friends doesn't switch like yours (at the same time, etc.) I'd scoot on over to Alltel and let them take a look.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Jglee, Is it possible for you visit an Alltel store and let a rep look at it (if it will do it at the store) and compare it to their handsets? I can't think of anything to suggest if your settings are identical to your friends at work. Is it possible that you have a bad device?
    Have you ever been to one of those stores.........most of those guys are clueless when it comes to BB's. I'm the BB Admin for my Org. of about 10,000 people....so I know all the in's and out's of the device. I truly think it's some sort of network quirk. I have a couple other people that it's happening to with different devices (8703, 8130, etc.) different OS's.....that's why it's soooo wiered!!

Quote Originally Posted by jglee311 View Post
    Have you ever been to one of those stores.........most of those guys are clueless when it comes to BB's. ..........
    Yes I have and, as little as I know, I know more than the reps in my local store. However, I can't swap out a bad handset and they CAN! I'm just trying to make suggestions based on the info that I had - this is the 1st time you gave the info that you're a BB adminstrator (I think) so I'll assume that you can tell the difference between a bad handset and some other problem. I'll also assume that you have fairly good diagnostic skills.

On the subject of retail stores, be glad that you have one ... as I am. I operated for months using T-Mobile (primarily because of the low prices and great CS) in a state (AR again) that doesn't even HAVE an official T-Mobile retail store anywhere in the state! All I had was 3-party kiosks in Target, etc. You ought to try that...not really.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    On the subject of retail stores, be glad that you have one ... as I am. I operated for months using T-Mobile (primarily because of the low prices and great CS) in a state (AR again) that doesn't even HAVE an official T-Mobile retail store anywhere in the state! All I had was 3-party kiosks in Target, etc. You ought to try that...not really.
    Oooo, yeah I guess you're right....that would definitely stink. Fortunately, because of the volume we do with Alltel I can just order a new one to try....but that has been hit or miss too. This one I just got (the red one) is doing it too.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Does this only do this in certain areas you are in, such as your home, office, etc? If you go outside the city where you are having this problem does your coverage stay consistent? This has to be a network issue if you have changed devices and the problem still persists.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Yeah....I'm with you. The only consistency to this issue is that it's inconsistent. It's done it twice today on different devices.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    That's really odd, I would be going crazy, download that signal locator tool, might give u insight to the tower, or towers that could have something wrong with them. Cheers man, how u get it working. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

contractorslim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319fd5aa
    Hey everyone! I too have to deal with this! Very random and sometimes I won't notice for hours and ppl will have been trying to get ahold of me for a while. With that said I re-send my service books once a week and am always re registering my phone. Instead of the hard reset I have found that resetting my connections it often works. I gave up on calling alltel. I know more about what needs to be done than they do. So its worthless. I just hope they fix it! I am from near greensboro nc so if anyone would want to talk about it pin:319fd5aa
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast