Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fellow Stacksters...anyone using Alltel in the Southeast having this issue where you're getting the lowercase ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Question 1xev Coverage for Alltel

Advertisement

Fellow Stacksters...anyone using Alltel in the Southeast having this issue where you're getting the lowercase 1xev with no data connectivity?? It's driving me insane!! I've spoke with Alltel and RIM, wiped my device and reloaded, and it still happens. There's no ryhme or reason as to when it happens...it's just random, but it's been going on now for a couple of months. I've even tried different devices...same thing. Alltel swears they see nothing going on. Anyone else?!?

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I haven't had any issues with my Alltel Blackberry service. I am in Durham, NC, what part of the southeast do you live in??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

stunna54960 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also have had the curve on alltel since mid-May and have called on this issue only to be told to upgrade my handheld to the latest software, which I already have. I'm located in WI. I find that if I do a hard reset my reception will come back in either 1x or full 1XEV, but its completely random when 1xev shows up and very annoying.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I'm in Raleigh NC, JR. That's the wierdest part is that it's completely random. I spoke with my local Alltel Data Engineer yesterday and he says they have a couple of calls on this in the Greensboro area too. Maybe we can get to the bottom of it cause it is ANNOYING!!!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jglee311 View Post
    Fellow Stacksters...anyone using Alltel in the Southeast having this issue where you're getting the lowercase 1xev with no data connectivity?? .........
    jglee, I'm in the southwest, Alltel, but I think the lower case means that you're eligible for that service but NOT actually receiving it. (That's true in the case of GSM providers where you might get edge instead of EDGE, etc.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Well.....supposedly it means that the device see's the Data Network, but is unable to connect to the RIM NOC......for whatever reason.

OK, I'm corrected in my explanation but I had the problem with a GSM carrier and my indication was always lower case because I was either in an area where I was unable to receive the actual service OR it was not offered in my area.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    understood.......it's just soooo frustrating because I'm in my Home service area....not even Roaming, ya know??

understood.......it's just soooo frustrating because I'm in my Home service area....not even Roaming, ya know??
    BELIEVE me, I know! It's the reason I just switched TO Alltel FROM T-Mobile. T-Mo's coverage in Little Rock is one step above a tin can phone - data without the wi-fi connection was unusable here.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    BELIEVE me, I know! It's the reason I just switched TO Alltel FROM T-Mobile. T-Mo's coverage in Little Rock is one step above a tin can phone - data without the wi-fi connection was unusable here.
    Ohhh well...we'll see what they say. One of my co-workers can be right beside me and have 1XEV, and I'm sittin' there on 1xev....UGHH!!! Thanks for the input though J!!

Post back when you find resolution - I'd like to know. I used Alltel for 12 years before switching to T-Mobile - I live here then too but I NEVER had a problem when traveling anywhere in the US that I noticed and I went to some fairly remote areas in the US.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Ohhh well...we'll see what they say. One of my co-workers can be right beside me and have 1XEV, and I'm sittin' there on 1xev....UGHH!!! Thanks for the input though J!!
    Next time your co-worker is next to you and shows 1XEV, and if they have a Blackberry, type ##000000 enter. This will take you into the CDMA Service Edit Screen. Confirm your settings are the same, especially your Home SID. Hopefully this has been confirmed by Alltel already but it doesn't hurt to check.

I was in San Diego a few months ago and my signal kept dropping from 1XEV to 1xev to 1X and finally they had me change my SID to the local one, even though the device should do it automatically, and it resolved my problem.

Post back with your information.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Post back when you find resolution - I'd like to know. I used Alltel for 12 years before switching to T-Mobile - I live here then too but I NEVER had a problem when traveling anywhere in the US that I noticed and I went to some fairly remote areas in the US.
    Yeah, me either till now.....it has to be some fluky little patch or something. I'll definitely let you know though. I submitted an escalated ticket with Alltel yesterday...keep your fingers crossed.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Next time your co-worker is next to you and shows 1XEV, and if they have a Blackberry, type ##000000 enter. This will take you into the CDMA Service Edit Screen. Confirm your settings are the same, especially your Home SID. Hopefully this has been confirmed by Alltel already but it doesn't hurt to check.

I was in San Diego a few months ago and my signal kept dropping from 1XEV to 1xev to 1X and finally they had me change my SID to the local one, even though the device should do it automatically, and it resolved my problem.

Post back with your information.
    Yeah I tried that too and they were both 144...which is right. Even had the same PRL. Wierd huh?? Thanks though!!

Just a thought - have your tried calling *228 to "update your roaming" or towers or whatever that does?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast