I know how to turn the 8300 off -- just hit the icon. But how ... BlackBerry Curve forum

patricklgv no está en línea Stack level 1

1) turn 8300 Curve on and 2) music download??

Advertisement

I know how to turn the 8300 off -- just hit the icon. But how do you turn it on again, short of rebooting by battery removal?

I gather all the music on my iPod is not transferrable to the 8300, right? Is there any documentation on how to copy music files to the 8300?

TIA, Patrick

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 1) turn 8300 Curve on and 2) music download??

The red end call button turns it back on.

I just put a ton of music on my curve last night. I use iTunes to convert songs to MP3, then I drag those from my iTunes library right onto my media card in my phone. Now I am at work today listening to all of my stuff! No need for iPod now!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

I turn it on by hitting the red end key. Copy music - easy as pie. Under settings/media card set <*** Storage Mode Support ON and plug it in to your PC via USB cable. It will then show up as a removable drive and then just drag and drop.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It depends on a few criteria.

1. The file format
    2. If there is DRM
    3. How you're tranferring

So let us know. If your music is purchased from itunes you will have difficulty since there is DRM. You will have to re-encode or some people have said that the roxio media manager converts it for you. (I have not comfirmed this since I have no purchased music from itunes)

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by pcwizpcwiz View Post
    set <*** Storage Mode Support ON and plug it in to your PC via USB cable. It will then show up as a removable drive and then just drag and drop.

Do as described above an this will allow you to store a butt load of stuff!! Couldn't help it. Carpe Diem!!

patricklgv no está en línea Stack level 1

Well - one problem solved. Thanks for the tip re the red button!

Re the conversion from iPod to MP3, thanks for the info. The only problem is that you can convert only those "tunes" you did not download from the iTunes store. That's a drag. Is there any way around this?

Any recommended site for downloading music in MP3 format (sorry, I've only done downloading via iPod).

Thanks, Patrick

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I bought a program for like 20 bucks which converts all music, including iTunes music to mp3. I did a google search and found it. Sorry I'm mobile or I would search for you.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by patricklgv View Post
    Well - The only problem is that you can convert only those "tunes" you did not download from the iTunes store. That's a drag. Is there any way around this?
    Ah yes that is annoying. The most basic work around I do is to burn those songs to a disc and then import them back into iTunes from that disc. Set your import settings to MP3 in iTunes and your all set to get it onto your bb!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Burn the itunes songs to CD and then rip them to windows media player. When you plug in the DM and the phone Roxio will ask if you want to convert the songs for optimal playback, say yes, and there you go!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

dimsy no está en línea Stack level 1

to get files OFF an ipod there are SEVERAL ways to do this. for mac users there exists a program called "SENUTI" (itunes backwards) that will do this. for windows users there are specific programs that do this out there. however if you're clever you can work around this. many people know that itunes renames files to a 4 digit alphanumeric code when theyre loaded onto an ipod. which makes them indistinguishable from one another, but the file information ALWAYS exists on the file tags (ID3V1, ID3V2, or APE tags) if you've got the time u can load them into your media player and rename them one by one by opening your my computer icon going into the removable ipod drive, make sure hidden folders are visible, and browse through the directories until you find the folder(s) with the mp3s word of advice. theyre spread out randomly so it may take a bit of time. or u can use a programthat renames filenames based on file tags. my media player (foobar2000) does this at the touch of a button in any way i want. but it's not for everyone as configuring it is very user involved (i'll never use itunes, it's a terrible program with very limited capabilities). once you've done this... just copy the songs to your memory card via the usb cable and make sure your device is in disk mode. other than that. not sure how else to do this. good luck. to turn the curve on or off just hold down the end call button for off and press it once for on. all of this info is pertaining to the 8320 for tmobile, not really sure how the att version differs. thanks.