On New Years Eve- while installing .184 from .180 I essentially nuked my berry: got ... BlackBerry Curve forum

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

.184 Singapore OS- Anyone experienced any problems with this OS?

Advertisement

On New Years Eve- while installing .184 from .180 I essentially nuked my berry: got the hour glass of death and a 503 error, tried downgrading back and got a .543... had to essentially wipe my berry and start over & over...

(here's the thread I used for guidance- http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html)

I have updated the OS on my 8700g several times without any issues, as well as on several 8100's.

Ran the software, delete vendor.xml file, plug up and follow directions- which is pretty standard and straight forward. I am trying to back track and see if there could be an issue with the software. Also noticed that the vendor file kept on reappearing in whenever I checked in the common files/RIM/app loader folder.

Has anyone else experienced any issues while upgrading to this OS?
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: .184 Singapore OS- Anyone experienced any problems with this OS?

here are a few others about that version, not sure if it will help you out much
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e_telecom.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_2_184_a.html
    seems it went ok for others, so might have just been a "freak of nature" for your experience... glad you found your recovery
    Last edited by cliffr39; 01-03-2008 at 02:31 AM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I updated to .184 on my 8320 without a hitch. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Good luck

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Updated mine to .184 (Singapore Telecom) few weeks ago which took 55+ minutes to complete. So far no issues. Experienced better browsing as compared to previous OS. Hope you can get it right

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

I've been double checking the apploader folder before I sync my berry and once again the vendor file that I've deleted has appeared.

Anyone has any ideas?
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin