Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Greetings Stackers, I'm inviting YOU... our loyal BlackBerry users who OWN a Storm to share ... BlackBerry Storm forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Your Storm Experience...

Advertisement

Greetings Stackers,

I'm inviting YOU... our loyal BlackBerry users who OWN a Storm to share your experience with us. Write as little or as much as you like.

- Write a review here
    - Tell us how you like yours
    - Compare it to the YOUR iPhone
    - Share your experience
    - Tell us the Pros / Cons as you see it
    - Just simply offer your comments
    - Explain what you would like improved.

I'm tired of reading all these negative reviews in the press. Especially the ones written by journalists with a hidden agenda, or Anti-BlackBerry bias.

Let's hear the truth (good or bad) about the Storm from your viewpoint. BlackBerry Storm owners give us the truth, tell us all about it.

Thanks in advance to everyone that contributes to this thread.

Cheers,
    archer

DOOG9517 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The whole key to loving this phone, is getting used to the typing. For those people who choose the Storm as thier first smartphone will enjoy it. People used to a real keyboard, its tougher. I went from a curve to the storm, and have allowed time to get used to it. I find some things to be annoying, but just have to get used to them. The typing gets better the more you use it. It's as if the phone assumes the next letter sometimes, but the more i type, the fewer the mistakes.

Also, where are the apps? Compatibility mode is good and all, but how about some apps that use the accelerometer? And THEMES!!!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOG9517 View Post
    Also, where are the apps? Compatibility mode is good and all, but how about some apps that use the accelerometer? And THEMES!!!
    patience my friend....it's a brand new device and developers are working hard on new apps and and making old apps compatible. the themes will roll in when rim releases the new cdk.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

EthanCole Guest
    I will soon (today or monday) be a storm owner from a curve!

I just need help with the patience

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    Storm, what can I say? There are noe words! I do have feelings towards it like love!
    MrS.OfFiCeR

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Greetings Stackers,

I'm inviting YOU... our loyal BlackBerry users who OWN a Storm to share your experience with us. Write as little or as much as you like.

- Write a review here
    - Tell us how you like yours
    - Compare it to the YOUR iPhone
    - Share your experience
    - Tell us the Pros / Cons as you see it
    - Just simply offer your comments
    - Explain what you would like improved.

I'm tired of reading all these negative reviews in the press. Especially the ones written by journalists with a hidden agenda, or Anti-BlackBerry bias.

Let's hear the truth (good or bad) about the Storm from your viewpoint. BlackBerry Storm owners give us the truth, tell us all about it.

Thanks in advance to everyone that contributes to this thread.

Cheers,
    archer
    Alright, I think the Storm is a great device. I know it's a first Generation device and has a few quirks, but overall it's great. I think SurePress is great and makes the device what it is. I also believe other manufacturers will attempt to follow in the same footsteps so to speak. I love the screen size and think it's great and looks as good as any BlackBerry, except the 8900. I think the fact it is a true "world phone" and set a standard. My husband has a Storm with triband HSPA, and I think if Verizon was smart they would have went to market with that radio, just to make the money from the sell regardless if people were going to unlock and use on other carriers or not. Also, Verizon botched the launch. Theres no reason that the Storm should have launched with .65. It was/is way too buggy. It should have launched with at least .75. But that lies at the feet of the Verizon engineers. Now that .75 and higher is out, I think more people like the Storm. I personally think the UI is wonderful. I know it's not quite as flashy as other devices, but I think it's a step toward the consumer world for RIM, while still keeping with what's tried and true. The simplicity of the UI is wonderful. Some people say they should've built it from the ground up and done something different, but why change what works. BlackBerry's are known for their ease of use.

Now the fact that some Storms worked just fine on .65 and other didn't says something for how it was built. Some had lag, others have problems clicking the screen. I have seen a few different devices and haven't seen any with screen problems so I can't say. I do think that some sort of silicone or rubber should have been put between the casing and the screen to dress it up a bit. I think that's a fairly major flaw in the device. I also don't care too much for the placement of the speaker jack.

Other than that I think the Storm is a great phone. Yes it has a few problems, but what devices don't, especially first generation ones. As I've heard for a year now, the Storm isn't for everyone. Some will love it, some will not. But the Storm wasn't made to be the End all BlackBerry. It was made to be another option in a array of great devices. And I think RIM succeeded.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    working on a review will post it here when i have the time over the weekened
    Great thread archer

zeeshanahmad no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    56f785e3
    Well I have used storm for couple of hours. Its just pthatic. Alignment issue is on top..also same old 64mb internal phone memory.
    Javline and bold are best.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeshanahmad View Post
    Well I have used storm for couple of hours. Its just pthatic. Alignment issue is on top..also same old 64mb internal phone memory.
    Javline and bold are best.
    I beg to differ.
    The first storm i got was well built - verizon one.
    But the second one i received - Telus one is a millions times better build than all of the Bolds ive seen and used.
    Javelin is the best i must admit

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeshanahmad View Post
    Well I have used storm for couple of hours. Its just pthatic.
    Sounds like a biased, uninformed rush to judgment. An unfounded conclusion.

I have been evaluating mobile phones for a few years, and in every case I buy the phone, then use it, put it through it's paces for several days at a minimum before I judge it. Then and only then, do I offer my experience and viewpoint. Until one actually owns the phone and puts it into use as their daily device, does one truly find out what that phone is all about.

Cheers

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Sounds like a biased, uninformed rush to judgment. An unfounded conclusion.

I have been evaluating mobile phones for a few years, and in every case I buy the phone, then use it, put it through it's paces for several days at a minimum before I judge it. Then and only then, do I offer my experience and viewpoint. Until one actually owns the phone and puts it into use as their daily device, does one truly find out what that phone is all about.

Cheers
    Couldnt have said it better. As usual great post Leonard!

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Archer, we want your Storm review, with attention to the browser knowing how you don't like the Bold browser and love your Curves browser. Get one and let us know!
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Archer, do you have the Storm or the Javelin yet?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    No he does not. He sold his Verizon storm and lost interest in the Javelin.
    He fell in love with his Bold and is sticking with it and a Curve.
    Sorry to answer for you Leonard but i know youd do the same for me

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    ^^Really? I thought he was having trouble with the Bold. Hope he will post why he lost interest in the Javelin and why he sold his Storm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast