FYI - I haven't seen the Storm yet, and frankly I'm not that interested, but ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Yahoo! Storm Review

Advertisement

FYI -

I haven't seen the Storm yet, and frankly I'm not that interested, but here's a review you may be interested in looking at . . .

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/30330

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    thanks
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

groovdafied no está en línea Stack level 2
    Do you think that these "os laggs" can be fixed with updates and fixes? I'm sorry, this would be my first blackberry device to own. I've always been a windows mobile user, and I'm highly attracted to this device.

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e
    yes the lags and the "bugy" software all can be fixed via OS / software upgrades. Any issues hardware wise you would SOL

Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Do you think that these "os laggs" can be fixed with updates and fixes? I'm sorry, this would be my first blackberry device to own. I've always been a windows mobile user, and I'm highly attracted to this device.
    Sorry, didn't catch your post til just now - Windows Mobile devices and BlackBerry devices are quite different, each with it's own strengths and weaknesses, and although I'm a die-hard Berry fan I think the better of the two is up to personal taste. Windows Mobile phones are much faster, especially when accessing data in their memory. Additionally, they are much better organized and allow greater flexibility in their file structure: for example, on a BlackBerry you are limited with what you can do with the memory on a microSD, whereas on a Windows Mobile machine you can use it for anything (like installing applications, storing files, etc) that you want. Where a BlackBerry excels is in it's use of individual applications. BlackBerry's email, calendar, address book, memos, tasks, etc. (PIM-Personal Information Management) programsare very, very easy to use, stronger (having more options and fields) and extremely intuitive. Also, Blackberrys are very, very secure and can be secured with a simple password. Win Mobile can also be secured with a password, but it's cryptic and does not work as well. So, if you want to switch to a Berry I think it would depend on what your tastes in a mobile device are. Hope this helps a bit - -

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Mine is running grand,battery still in place since I got it on thursday. I do think Rim and found something with this click screen.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    The OS will be polished up and pretty in no time. The iPhone had all these laggy issues and what not for a while but Apple fixed it with OS updates. Rim is that much better than Apple in the mobile OS platform so you can bet your keister they will get it fixed.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I had a chance to use the Storm for a day. I tried to find something I liked about it. It didn't happen. It's a handfull of frustation.