If i do the wireless upgrade would it switch my phone back to Verizon? if ... BlackBerry Storm forum

princesseL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304ca93d

Wirless Upgrade on an unlocked 9530

Advertisement

If i do the wireless upgrade would it switch my phone back to Verizon? if so i can just call T-mobile for them to unlock it?

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3
    I cant think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to go back to Verizon. The Storm 9530 IS a Verizon device. The GSM portion of the phone needed to be unlocked so that you can use it on T-Mo or AT&T. I have an unlocked Storm myself and I have been told by Verizon reps that they could easily activate it on Verizon if I decided to switch.

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by princesseL View Post
    If i do the wireless upgrade would it switch my phone back to Verizon? if so i can just call T-mobile for them to unlock it?
    No the wireless upgrade will only upgrade the software of your device. It will not relock or require for you make any adjustments.

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    To my knowledge, wireless update will only work with your wireless carrier. If it is unlocked to a carrier that does not carry a storm it will not update. You will have to install the OS and use DM or app loader.