Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How about an app that might be usefull from these guys for a change? Copy ... BlackBerry Storm forum

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

How about an app that might be usefull from these guys for a change?

Copy and paste word document editor that works

a spreadsheet app

a power point viewer and creator maybe even

OOOPs. That's a blackberry. Sorry. I thought we were talking about smart phones.

Yeah, it's much better to have 168 apps to generate a fart or how to divide a pizza.

Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    A pizza I didn't know about that one lol what about a shoe size app you place the phone on the floor and step down squarely and presto ........ well then you have to get a new phone lol
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    hahaha favorite iphone app idea right there ^^^^
    «BlackBerry: Storm 9530»

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    after the video it makes no sense at all...

is the dude using the windometer synced to the iphone? or is the iphone doin that on its own as well???
    i see RED...

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Lol... The iphone is full of crazy pointless stuff to just fiddle around with... Reminds me of childrens play toys... More advanced, but a toy none the less... (imho ofcourse)...
    A shoe sizer? Some kid in Malaysia built an etch a sketch app for it. I guess he'll be working for Martha Stewart next. I don't know, I agree with REDDRVGON. An awful lot of technology for a kids toy. I hear the new Iphone will come with a whistle built into the side.

I saw the video and I wonder if it's not unlike the x-ray app for WM where it simulates an actual xray? I think it's a hoax. But then for this phone it makes sense that it a BS app.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

jakaro no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yea i love my storm im on .109 and it runs pretty smooth for the most part. I wasnt sure on its accuracy either but i thought it might be neet, maybe hold the mic in the direction of the wind, and it could judge the speed by the noise it makes? i dunno, i think it might help with gold heh. it might not really help but..

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by boomermarkovich View Post
    That's not wind speed.......it's gas. Ooops. Excuse me.

With the Iphone though, I can't imagine how you test the speed of the wind unless it's built into the fart noise maker it so proudly boasts. Maybe it calculates it by how hard you throw it against the wall?
    You took the words right out of my mouth. As soon as I read Wind and iPhone in the same sentence FART came to mind!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    my bro is using his iphone rigth now and looks like if have some good app.. uhhhmmmm that phone also looks like my bb...never maind is my bb!!
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I would like to see a countdown timer,that really does nuke it. And training wheels too!

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    my bro is using his iphone rigth now and looks like if have some good app.. uhhhmmmm that phone also looks like my bb...never maind is my bb!!
    Take a break from that crack pipe....

I don't know why everyone hates on the iphone, it's like Blackberry users are jealous. I am a die hard BB fan, but I can admit iphone has done some amazing things. Friendly competition is a good thing, it forces both RIM and Apple to keep producing new ideas and products for us.

Let's stop this Storm vs iphone hate.... lol

And I think that windometer is pretty cool if it's as good as it looks. The vid just worked for me, and I believe he is comparing his iphone to many different devices that are used for testing wind speed, showing it's fairly accurate.

BasPilot no está en línea Stack level 1
    The only way it could possibly work with the phone is that it uses the microphone to pick up the noise made by the wind. It's a deflection of the small diaphragm in the microphone. anyway, the author of the app had to have figured out how much of wind would cause what noises and subsequent voltages coming from the microphone and then translated them into an altorithim to come up with the actual speed compared to their anemometer.

In short and easier. It uses the nose from the mic, measures it, outputs a speed. That's also why you see the wind spike up from 13 to 30 and down to 2 because it's innacurate but cool useless crap.

USELESS CRAP IS AWESOME THOUGH!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    It just dawned on me......
    It's not a windometer, it's a WIND-O-Meter!

Just like the kids toys you have to wind it up for the iPhone to work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12