Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

One of my employees has the iPhone 3G. Oooops HAD.... When I purchased the Bolds ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Advertisement

One of my employees has the iPhone 3G. Oooops HAD.... When I purchased the Bolds for my drivers he was more than happy to get rid of the iPhone.

Two things kept me from trading my Curve for an iPhone. First of all, I love Blackberry. Second of all, I am OC when it comes to finger prints on anything. Yes, after setting my car's gps I pull out screen cleaner and a cloth and clean it.

IMHO the Bold will win out. At least it will win out for me. I don't like anything touch screen, so for the first time since I got my 957 series BB I will pass on purchasing the Thunder (have they decided to call it that?), and will stick to my bold.

The iPhone isn't even a choice for me.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 09-06-2008 at 03:49 AM. Reason: The Moron can't spell!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

red_5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm betting the 3G. All Blackberries that I have used just don't feel as smooth, stable, and sophisticated as the iPhone 3G.

Plus not to mention the massive selection of apps, free and not, that are available for it.

Plus, I haven't looked into how much the BBs cost, but the 3G is available for $200.

I am an Apple advocate.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    yeah there are no apps for the BB
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    yeah there are no apps for the BB
    No apps? Where have you been? New apps are being developed all the time, just check out our front page. Mapping, social/professional networking, stocks, weather, banking, chatting, streaming media and a lot others are available for the BB. Most are free. Also check out the 3rd party apps section on this forum. Not to mention all the java apps the BB can run. True, there aren't as many as palm/wm/iphone apps, but they are out there. Saying there are no apps is quite an understatement.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    No apps? Where have you been? New apps are being developed all the time, just check out our front page. Mapping, social/professional networking, stocks, weather, banking, chatting, streaming media and a lot others are available for the BB. Most are free. Also check out the 3rd party apps section on this forum. Not to mention all the java apps the BB can run. True, there aren't as many as palm/wm/iphone apps, but they are out there. Saying there are no apps is quite an understatement.
    the was trying to show my sarcasm
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

sexycutechica80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    the bold!!!!!!!

jeremyryerson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    oh no
    Storm will win~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyryerson View Post
    Storm will win~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You sir are 100% right. The whole Bold hype kinda faded out already and it hasn't officially been released in the states yet lmao. The Storm's kinda clouding up its hype awwww .

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    RIM is the premier manufacturer of smart phones. They have a stellar track record of innovation, secure & stable devices. They sell all the BlackBerrys they make without having to slash the prices like Apple has been forced to do. Just look at the facts. Apple iPhones were first sold for $600, then the price was reduced to $400, then they slashed them all the way down to the fire sale price of $200 knowing that many people want the cheapest price. At some point Apple may learn how to build a suitable smart phone, it just won't be anytime soon.

(wap.pinstack.com)~

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Bold for sure.

Unless RIM comes through and offers HSDPA 7.2Mbps on the GSM version of the Thunder/Storm. Then I will be happy that RIM is catching up.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    the was trying to show my sarcasm
    Sorry, I didn't get the sarcasm coming through. Glad you agree and can appreciate the library of BB software.

MonkeyBizIU no está en línea Themes Pro
    The Storm will win. Beyond combining the "It" factor of the iPhone with the UI and device improvements of the Bold, it's a BlackBerry, which means that the corporate set can pick one up and the IT departments can support it.

Although, we're still using 8700s, so I doubt we'll be picking any up.

Combine the best BlackBerry with the best network, and you've got a winning combination.

How do I know that Verizon has the best network? In my best friend's basement apartment in Urbana-Champaign, he can barely make phone calls on his AT&T Curve, whereas I'm just fine on my Verizon Pearl. Game, set, match.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBizIU View Post
    How do I know that Verizon has the best network? In my best friend's basement apartment in Urbana-Champaign, he can barely make phone calls on his AT&T Curve, whereas I'm just fine on my Verizon Pearl. Game, set, match.
    Nice try, but no way is ANY network the best. Verizon may be the best for you in your area since the standard is "the basement test".
    However the proper way to identify the "best" network is for each individual user to test several of them in their particular home area, and then decide for themselves which works best.

Cheers...
    sent via BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    Unless RIM comes through and offers HSDPA 7.2Mbps on the GSM version of the Thunder/Storm. Then I will be happy that RIM is catching up.
    The "test criterion" outlined here is based on nothing more that speed for instant gratification in the area of surfing the net.

RIM has been the global leader in secure, reliable, high functioning smart phones before that category even existed. Do a little research and one will see the legacy that RIM has built & currently maintains. They are not in a "race to provide just one fast experience on the net", but rather to continue to be the global provider of world class communicatiom devices.

Cheers...
    sent via BlackBerry

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by red_5 View Post
    I'm betting the 3G. All Blackberries that I have used just don't feel as smooth, stable, and sophisticated as the iPhone 3G.

Plus not to mention the massive selection of apps, free and not, that are available for it.

Plus, I haven't looked into how much the BBs cost, but the 3G is available for $200.

I am an Apple advocate.
    I found Osama!! lol

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast