Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by raton Weren't you the one whom alledgedly had gotten one already from ... BlackBerry Storm forum

ghettochild no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Weren't you the one whom alledgedly had gotten one already from a friend that "owed you a favor"?
    Bingo, and then came the "I don't know how to post pictures," followed by the "I'm posting this on behalf of Mr. Antelope as he is busy and doesn't have time..." posts.

Nuff said.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I currently have a BlackBerry Pearl 8110. I just upgraded from an older Pearl model, so I have 30 days to send it back and get another phone. I love the small form factor of the Pearl. SureType rocks. I have no problems with it. It takes a little time to get used to. Having a small smartphone is very important to me. I was thinking about the Bold, but it's a MUCH larger device than I am used to. I am also thinking about getting the new 3G iPhone. I am a heavy internet/data user, moderate email and light phone use. Mmm, what to do???

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Between the iPhone and the BOLD - I think the BOLD is better. I don't have enough info on the Thunder. It would be very cool if it had the slideout keyboard, although I could probably get used to touchscreen.

nny2k no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    20B57889
    I'm thinking the same thing. I had the chance to use a friends iPhone for a few hours one day to send messages, and get a feel for the keyboard and it didn't convince me it could be a long term switch.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergiej View Post
    I think there is no way to really answer this question simply anyway. From a personal user standpoint, maybe the iPhone is the winner. This is where it becomes necessary to be "cool" and have a "cool" phone. But, I don't care how much enterprise crap they stick in an iPhone, I find it really hard to believe that most large companies will want to deal with supporting a large user base of apple phones. I know my company won't. And from a user head count, we aren't huge, but I'd say we are talking @ 250 users nationwide. We use BB's and I imagine it will always be that way. The iPhone will see a truckload of phones, no doubt, but so will the bb's. The Thunder, maybe not as much as long as it is tied only to VZW. BUt I think the Bold and the flipper will do quite well.
    you'll be surprised how many iphones will be in use in corporate now that enterprise is availible. at my boyfriend's company many of the execs are already asking for iphones rather than bb's. the issue still is going to be security, ease of integration, and cost. the iphone is simply more expensive. unless they do some sort of corporate pricing plan on hardware i don't see it becoming the standard in business simply for that reason alone. companies aren't going to spend 2-3x the money on iphones.

as for the overall war, the iphone is going to be the clear winner. the bold is a better phone by far. the thunder looks cool but since it's stuck on verizon not many people are going to have it.

what it comes down to is that people will always buy apple products simply because it's apple. it doesn't matter how good or bad the product is, or how cheap or over priced. people think apple is the end-all of gadgets and they want every new thing that comes out. the iphone is a fancy media interface, nothing more. but people want to "look" cool, and the iphone definetly looks cooler than a bb.

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'd have to say the Bold...but honestly maybe the iphoney....

sender no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C1561
    Is this really a question? Without sounding like too much of a Homer, the iPhone is going to do what it does best: be a disposable commodity with a short life span with serious design flaws in a pretty package that will wow the ADHD set until they step on it. That's how the iPhone will compete with the Bold: repeat buyers of broken iPhones.

Even if enterprises start providing access through iPhones, total numbers of enterprises will be extremely limited in numbers for the same reasons Macs were run out of the enterprise, except for businesses where style reigns over substance, like advertising. It's not like the economy is running so great that the additional expense of catering to the whims of large masses of employees by providing iPhone access is a win-win.

ghettochild no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sender View Post
    Is this really a question? Without sounding like too much of a Homer, the iPhone is going to do what it does best: be a disposable commodity with a short life span with serious design flaws in a pretty package that will wow the ADHD set until they step on it. That's how the iPhone will compete with the Bold: repeat buyers of broken iPhones.

Even if enterprises start providing access through iPhones, total numbers of enterprises will be extremely limited in numbers for the same reasons Macs were run out of the enterprise, except for businesses where style reigns over substance, like advertising. It's not like the economy is running so great that the additional expense of catering to the whims of large masses of employees by providing iPhone access is a win-win.

Meh. Yet another iPhone hater. Lame. You.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    PC vs. Mac

BlackBerry vs. iPhone

A never-ending and pointless argument.

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by RogerG; 06-13-2008 at 09:04 AM.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by sender View Post
    for the same reasons Macs were run out of the enterprise, except for businesses where style reigns over substance, like advertising.
    in the advertising world they use macs not because they're prettier looking but because they really are a lot better at graphics and media than pc's are. you really think that companies will spend 2-3x the money on computers just because it's a fancier box? bean counters are bean counters, regardless of the industry.

BBpush099 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046327c
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm rooting for the bold of course, but like others have said the IPhone 3g may just it in consumer sales. But what about the number of BlackBerry's that will be bought by companys. Lately BlackBerry especially the curve has been dominating both business and consumer sales.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Iphone is simply a stunning device! The ui is great! It has both wifi and gps. Its a 3g device on top of that. Plus steve jobs has everyone convinced that touch keyboard is better the plastic as you can change the layout to a different language. So really, to be hones I phone is toe to toe with the bold as all seem to have about equal points. Now as apple's marketing is far better then most companies, I am almost positive that iphone will sell out bold due to cool factor!

But again iphone seems a little fragile to me, my. Berry goes everywhere with me, and it does take damage, now looking at that having to carry a giant screen a s a substitute for my bb in that case is just complete insanity!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    PC vs. Mac

BlackBerry vs. iPhone

A never-ending and pointless argument.

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

I concur; that's why I use Linux why bother with the two bubbleheads.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Mac is still best of both worlds. It runs under unix core and has all the commercial apps. So mac os is more of a hybrid between windows and linux, and that's why I love it!

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE

Take your pick of the best blackberry I suppose

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast