Hey Gang! Can anyone explain how WiFi is suppose to work or what are it's ... BlackBerry Storm forum

PaulSch no está en línea Stack level 1

WiFi on the Storm

Advertisement

Hey Gang!
    Can anyone explain how WiFi is suppose to work or what are it's capabilities on the Storm 2? I like to use Opera mini and I can't seem to get it to work while connected to a WiFi network.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by PaulSch; 06-08-2010 at 06:28 PM.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've never had a probably with the Wifi.

I know that there may be a service book for wifi to work. But, i'm not sure about that. Have you gone into the opera settings and take it off Auto for network and put it on wifi? Does the blackberry browser use wifi fine?

What network are you using your 9550 on?
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com

PaulSch no está en línea Stack level 1
    You know two nights ago I had everything working nice on WiFi. Last night I would connect to my network but the phone wouldn't use WiFi. The icon stayed grey. It connects to the network fine but decides when it wants to use it on its own. I almost asked it to open the pod bay doors, half expecting it to say that it can't do that!
    I found some info about re registering the HRT and resending the service books to get things working. So I did that and it later started to work. Now, I'm not sure if it actually worked or decided to work on its own. When it is working on WiFi I can use opera on WiFi but I have to first go into the blackberry browser to kick things off. I'll test it again later tonight and see how she's behaving.