I thought the purpose of the preorder was to guarantee a phone at launch? Well, ... BlackBerry Storm forum

awilson18 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30484E9D

Who else got screwed in the Best Buy "preorder"?

Advertisement

I thought the purpose of the preorder was to guarantee a phone at launch? Well, I still didn't get a call from Best Buy!!!

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    I was at Best Buy this morning and they only had 2 devices and they wouldnt sell them at retail. Only with a 2 year contract.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

juniorspades no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had a preorder at Best Buy also. I was able to purchase mine outright without a problem...

james0116 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Got lucky today....Called BB to see when they would have the preorders in stock. They said they had them in already so I drove down and picked mine up. .65 OS but I haven't had any problems yet aside from being a little sluggish. Also, not sure if the sales guy screwed up, but I walked out of there paying only $160 (plus $50 for the preorder) with no rebate, PLUS they threw in a Plantronics BT headset for free.

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had no trouble at best buy. I didn't even pre-order, and I still walked out with the phone! Their price is $199, no rebate, vs Verizon $249 with $50 rebate. I hate rebates! And yes, I got the $50 blue tooth headset for free also.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    for anyone in the bay area willing to drive, the best buy in brentwood (nor cal) had 3 last night. the bummer was that not one single phone in the 'mobile' area worked, they were all dummies!

jpellett no está en línea Stack level 1
    i love bestbuy, i got there early paid the phone guy $20 and got someone elses preorder! I love my storm

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by jpellett View Post
    i love bestbuy, i got there early paid the phone guy $20 and got someone elses preorder! I love my storm
    LOL!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ my Best Buy had 6 more than they had presold and there wasn't a single person waiting there when I arrived 5 minutes before opening! The guy even put it on hold for me for a few hours while I did a few other things. I'd highly recommend Best Buy, and no I don't work for them …

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I "preordered" mine saturday morning and picked it up Saturday night
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    So far it looks like nobody else has gotten 'screwed' by Best Buy. But, I didn't know you were supposed to wait for them to call you.

Have you called them?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    are you guys buying the storm in contract from bestbuy? or is it contract free and unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    are you guys buying the storm in contract from bestbuy? or is it contract free and unlocked?
    it is on the standard verizon contract - ie no additional contract like some outlets have (such as cartoys) Not sure about buying it retail (contract free)

laxmetal23 no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    30B63ACF
    i had a pre-order from best buy and my store only got five i was there at opening and got mine first. but as they were activating it verizons system went down and i had to wait an hour for the phone. no biggie i love it and i would reccomend best buy to anyone. i also got the free bluetooth that works great.
    Matt Urenovich
    E-Mail:MUrenovich@vzw.blackberry.net
    Pin:3048D85A
    Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm 9530