I've posted quite a few times when the Bold came out about the things I ... BlackBerry Storm forum

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

What you like and not like about the Storm?

Advertisement

I've posted quite a few times when the Bold came out about the things I liked and didn't like about my Bold when it first came out so I thought it would be nice for you Blackberry Storm owners to have a thread as well about what you guys like and don't like about your Blackberry Storm.

I don't own a Storm but what I really did enjoy about it when I played with one at a retail store is:

*The Touch Screen was a lot more impressive and more responsive than I thought it would be
    *I like the fact when I was typing on the full keyboard it not only lighted up the particular key it also highlighted the area around it to make it more assuring.
    *I really enjoyed the size and brilliance of the screen.
    * gives you two options of either the predictive text keyboard or the full qwerty.
    *Fully functioning global with UMTS.
    *Volume is a lot louder than the Bold.

What I didn't like about what I saw so far is:

*When typing keys, icons, or options it always seemed a little bit off maybe it could have been dirty screen?
    *I don't know if it comes with a stylus or not but I think I would be able to type a lot faster with it.
    *The revolving screen is extremely sensitive and I found myself constantly shaking the device to get it back to the correct desired position.
    *I would imagine writing emails would be a lot slower and slightly cumbersome.

What are your thoughts guys?

P.S. If someone has already posted a thread similar to this my apologies in advance.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Cool info. Thanks for sharing. How about the size? Is it big and bulky or rather compact and stylish? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I put my Bold up against the Storm and it looked right around the same size unfortunately cause its the demo model its not like I can put it in my pocket to get more of an idea of its size!

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just don't understand these comments about the storm being "bulky" or "heavy"... Do we not remember just 5 years ago, or even 10 years ago? These phones are small, people! I guess some people won't be happy until it is microscopic... If you want a small phone go get a little sony thing or some other flip phone... oh wait, that's right, its JUST a phone!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
    I just don't understand these comments about the storm being "bulky" or "heavy"... Do we not remember just 5 years ago, or even 10 years ago? These phones are small, people! I guess some people won't be happy until it is microscopic... If you want a small phone go get a little sony thing or some other flip phone... oh wait, that's right, its JUST a phone!

Lmao Love the ranting. Yes, you people are very demanding lol

sv115 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anyone have complaints with any of the basic functions or features of the Storm?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sv115 View Post
    Does anyone have complaints with any of the basic functions or features of the Storm?
    Not me I am enjoying my Storm immensely...

Now I will say an OS upgrade is probably needed....

kingberry18 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I must say I love my storm so far but it does take some
    Time to get use 2

MartyMcfly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I love SureType,I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I dislike the buttons being placed in the bottom left and right corners because they seem harder to push. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm getting my phone tomorrow, but I would like to know if the phone is readable outdoors. The reason being is that my current, LG Dare, is horrible to read when I'm outside...the screen is damn faint. I loved my old Pearl because the light adjusted beautifully whether indoors or outdoors.

So, can anyone let me know how it does outside?

Thanks!

Reading and typing on mine outdoors right now... Works like a champ!

true2life no está en línea Stack level 1
    Greeting and Salutations,
    I am getting my storm next week hopfully, but I want to know about the mp3 player is it better than the LG Dare

p.s this is myfirst blackberry

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ media player is great although I can't compare it to the dare. Better than the media player in any of my previous phones for sure. Iphone users may not like it as well, but let's face it - that's what apple does best.