Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey everybody im curious as to if anybody else has been having issues with the ... BlackBerry Storm forum

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc

what to do with this screen issue? suggestions?

Advertisement

hey everybody im curious as to if anybody else has been having issues with the top center and bottom center of their screens being really hard to push and not really clicking as well as it should. the only reason i dont think it is working like it should is because when i put a card between the phone and the battery door its ten times better and has no more issue. im having no software probs at all and im debating over wether or not to leave the phone rigged which i hate to do because of the battery door bulge and just the overall fact that for the money we should not have to rig our phones. Ive also tried other suggestions that other forums have posted to try and fix this issue but i believe i may have to fall into the replacement cycle and just keep sending them back till i get one that is in good working order. any suggestions on a solution or what anybody here would do? oh and btw i love this phone otherwise and am not having any serious issues with it.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    well you might get lucky and get one that is easier - basically the business card trick without having to put it in, but, is it worth it? I'm not sure, considering how sporadic the devices can be, if you arent having any other problems, I would just keep it... but its up to you!

tommy0178 no está en línea Stack level 1

Screen Issue (Bottom Left/Right Corners)

i am also finding that the bottom left and right corners are "sticky" and often I have to press them harder and actually hear a small click/crack. i wonder if it is due to the shifting of the screen. going to give a bit of time (until the new year) and if it keeps up; go back into the store to see what's up? but would love any advice until then.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy0178 View Post
    i am also finding that the bottom left and right corners are "sticky" and often I have to press them harder and actually hear a small click/crack. i wonder if it is due to the shifting of the screen. going to give a bit of time (until the new year) and if it keeps up; go back into the store to see what's up? but would love any advice until then.
    have you tried the "business card" trick; cut a small piece of a business card - like the size of a dime(but in square form) and take out the battery, place this piece in the bottom center(to the left of the battery connection point) and put the battery back on top, see how this works for you

tommy0178 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I may try the business card trick but am wondering if i should take more action and call my customer service to see if they are also finding this is happening and perhaps take my chances on a new device (as i am still within 30 days). i would rather deal with this now (less than a week in) rather than have a screen which doesn't work or is worse 6 months to a year later. thoughts?

TheMacMan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dparks69 View Post
    hey everybody im curious as to if anybody else has been having issues with the top center and bottom center of their screens being really hard to push and not really clicking as well as it should. the only reason i dont think it is working like it should is because when i put a card between the phone and the battery door its ten times better and has no more issue. im having no software probs at all and im debating over wether or not to leave the phone rigged which i hate to do because of the battery door bulge and just the overall fact that for the money we should not have to rig our phones. Ive also tried other suggestions that other forums have posted to try and fix this issue but i believe i may have to fall into the replacement cycle and just keep sending them back till i get one that is in good working order. any suggestions on a solution or what anybody here would do? oh and btw i love this phone otherwise and am not having any serious issues with it.
    I had the same problem, except mine happens on the lower left and right corners. I called Verizon, after 5 minutes of trouble shooting software they sent me a new phone over night. This one is perfect I am very happy with it. I believe that if you are going to spend a lot money on a phone, it should work as advertised.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try the screw fix. But you shouldnt have to do anything yourself.
    Honestly request another one until you get the perfect one

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    I returned mine after 3 days. And it took another 3 days for this one to develop the same problem with the screen. I've stacked 2 layers of a business card cut to just a little smaller than the battery and placed it on top of the battery before I put the back plate on. It fixed the issue but my main plan is to deal with it for a while intil rimm fixes this obvious design flaw in future units and get another one

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    yeah guys i went ahead and ordered my replacement cause like ya said, after the money i spent on it i think it should work at least reasonably well without any rigging. modding something is great when its too make an already functioning device better, but to do it just to bring it up to par isnt right. the business card trick worked for me and honestly it makes it great, i just hate having all that tension on my battery door pushing it out the way it does cause when i try a thinner layer of shims it doesnt help as much. i even tried the screw suggestion and it just made it so my screen wouldnt move at all. at any rate my new one will be here tomorrow, or at least should be. im hoping i dont get one of the ones that i keep reading people are getting with the washed out color and what not or any of the software issues. id feel real good about ditching the one i have for one thats worse but i guess thats a gamble we have to take once in awhile. ill let everybody know how it goes.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well hopefully you get one as clean and perfect as mine and my close friends.
    We each had to go at least through ONE first one before and we got a perfect one !

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    i hope so too. it was supposed to be here today but never showed. im sure it will be here tomorrow though. it almost hurts to have to do that though because ive never gotten anything new on its release day but its expected i suppose. when the 8100 first came out with t-mobile my bro had to send his back in twice and get replacements before it was ok. I waited six months and had no issues. Now it seems the opposite has happened. But what can i say i was impatient for this one lol

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    oh dont worry we all understand you.
    The only launch RIM got right this time around is the Curve 8900. ALL UNITS are flawless out of the box.

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    alright, got the mexican replacement in and so far everything is great, huge difference. im amazed, now i get to go through trying to put everything on the new one which is gonna be fun as i have a mac lol.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i ONLY have macs at home but im running Bootcamp on the iMac so i can use the DM when needed.
    Try doing that.

PIN/ID
    305f78fc
    see i would do that if i wasnt running a g5 lol. not too mention i dont have a copy of windows. i still have my vaio although its in the closet now and i really just dont feel like digging it out. heres the funny thing though, i plugged the phone up just to see what would happen and it synced everything i wanted it to just like my first one. im just wondering why it never seems to work after that and always hangs up at the contacts portion. i got what i needed though and when we finally move ill just set my vaio up some place with a router so i can use DM with it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast