Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello guys I have pearl 8110 from att wanting to go to Verizon for the ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8

wanting to switch to Verizon for storm

Advertisement

Hello guys I have pearl 8110 from att wanting to go to Verizon for the storm without having to pay fee for early cancelation anyway that possible? Please help I really need Verizon cause I'm moving and where I'm going only Verizon works there...!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Port your number to Verizon.

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Will I have to pay full price for storm and can you explain what port means?

Porting means moving your number from one carrier to another carrier to avoid termination fee (I THINK). I am not sure how much you would have to pay for the phone.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    When you port your number youre signing a new contract with the new carrier so you get new activation price in this case i believe VZW's price is 179.99 right ?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    if you can prove that ATT doesn't work in your new area, you may be able to get out of the contract. otherwise, no...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    simply porting the number will not alleviate the ETF ...

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You might have to wait until you move and as cherri said then prove you have no signal where you are and then ATT should release you with out an ETF. If you try before that you will probably be made to pay.

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Yeah cause I have like barely any bars and besides I am at very least content with their service would really like vzw it works perfect on other vzw phones there besides they have storm another question does storm have good antenna?

Thanks for explaining the process in more detail. I will be in the same situation myself except I will be waiting until my contract is over to make the change (from T-Mo to AT&T hopefully to get their version of the Flip; or purchasing the T-Mo version, unlocking it and then moving over). Coverage here in Houston is starting to suck in places I normally get signal (school, home, doctor's offices, etc).

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Yeah they say att has the best coverage not true in most cases but I guess ill have to go up to att and talk them out to let me go cause I have more than a year left on contract and just now found out I moving...besides I'm in teenage love with the storm and never even touched and you say there's no such thing as love at first sight... Lol

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    Porting will NOT eliminate the ETF. Verizon Storm is $199 for new activation and $50 rebate so $150 after rebate. I ported number from TMO to VZW and have to pay the ETF for TMO but still cheaper than buying full price STORM and VZA does have better reception for me. Still have time to go back if I want.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    which is why I unlocked the SIM to begin with. I was very lucky - VZW gave me the code even with a new account when i told them I travel Internationally and wanted to use another SIM in the other countries. From what I hear they usually make you wait 60-90 days!

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Yeah but since att has no service where I'm at anyway I can avoid it?

korp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305422EE
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Porting means moving your number from one carrier to another carrier to avoid termination fee (I THINK). I am not sure how much you would have to pay for the phone.
    Porting is just transferring a number. For example .. your contract is over and you end it to go to a new provider, then have them port you number so you can use it on the new providers service. I think your stuck with the att or paying the cancellation fee. If they don't extend your contract when you change things, I would suggest if you really want verizon just make your att plan be as cheap as possible ... internet only even if they will allow that (or buy a real cheap phone and just get that activated and do a real cheap phone plan).

Like said earlier though, since you would be a new verizon signup you would get the $150 price which ends up being about $170ish if you did a 2 year contract.
    Blackberry rocks my world....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast