Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Called CS to request an early upgrade to a Storm, but expressed my concern over ... BlackBerry Storm forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

VZW Phone Orders Will Ship by 12/5 With Newer OS (so they say)

Advertisement

Called CS to request an early upgrade to a Storm, but expressed my concern over reports of sluggish response and bugs. For what it's worth (he's just a CS guy) he said he just finished playing with the new build and personally attested to the fact that the new build is vastly faster than what's on the phones sold 11/21; that any phone ordered through telephone sales will ship no later than 12/5 and have the new OS. He said the typing is much better and the switch from portrait to landscape is seamless. Like I said, he's just the order guy, so take it for what it's worth.

He also did me good (much better than "NO" I got the first time I called) by giving me an early upgrade that should not have kicked in until next April. Got the $50 discount to $199, and then he threw in ANOTHER $50 discount to $149 because of some status I didn't know I had. I have 4 phones on a family plan - guess I'm a VIP now

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    LOL...everyone got the 100 discount that I know of because of the messed up shipping...I know I did...LOL...

The phone is great...too bad you have to wait though...and it's almost ALL orders. I saw my sisters email last night at her store---ALL phones from 3pm forward yesterday were given a "No later than 12/5" shipping date...may come sooner, may come later...
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Its only 2 weeks - not the end of the world. Worth the wait if all the bugs are fixed I say.
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Speaking with Verizon this morning,cs told me that the new ship date was dec 15 due to such demand.guess time will tell.good luck.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nyyanksfan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3048AFE9
    so if this is true, do you think current storm owners will get an update?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyanksfan View Post
    so if this is true, do you think current storm owners will get an update?
    for sure...the new os will be released...who knows it could be a day or two later but probably as soon as they start shipping the phones with the new os.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    That's true!! We'll get the update around the same time as the new phones going out.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

So Wednesday I got a call from VZW, just to let me know that my order will ship by December 5. Fine, that's what I was told when I placed the order. Yesterday, an email came that my order was being processed. OK, sounds good. Today I get an email that it has actually shipped. Excellent. Nice surprise.

Just wonder which OS build it will have.

Bad news is that it will be sitting in my office on Tuesday and I don't get back to town until the following week. Rats.

But I have to say that VZW was very good on the order placement and follow-up. Still great CS.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
    So Wednesday I got a call from VZW, just to let me know that my order will ship by December 5. Fine, that's what I was told when I placed the order. Yesterday, an email came that my order was being processed. OK, sounds good. Today I get an email that it has actually shipped. Excellent. Nice surprise.

Bad news is that it will be sitting in my office on Tuesday and I don't get back to town until the following week. Rats.

But I have to say that VZW was very good on the order placement and follow-up. Still great CS.
    It should be 4.7.0.75

caranod no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304d86e4
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post

when did you order. I ordered on Saturday. when i ordered it said ship 12/15. then by Sunday the site said will ship by 12/5. but i have not gotten any calls or emails with status.

Quote Originally Posted by caranod View Post
    when did you order. I ordered on Saturday. when i ordered it said ship 12/15. then by Sunday the site said will ship by 12/5. but i have not gotten any calls or emails with status.
    I ordered late Friday night, over the phone. So hopefully you'll get a notice tomorrow that your phone has shipped too.

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i ordered my storm friday morning(11/21), got it monday. my girlfriend ordered hers friday afternoon and was told the 12/5 ship date. she got it this morning 11/28!

funny she refused to do package tracking, she didnt want to get her hopes up and she got it WAY earlier than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by clayatx View Post
    i ordered my storm friday morning(11/21), got it monday. my girlfriend ordered hers friday afternoon and was told the 12/5 ship date. she got it this morning 11/28!

funny she refused to do package tracking, she didnt want to get her hopes up and she got it WAY earlier than expected.
    What OS version did she get? If it's the new one, how is it working?

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    same OS, .65

works just like mine. she doesnt really like it so far, i told her to give it time, i wasnt a fan until about 3 days of getting used to it. lag aside, i think its a great phone.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Once we get an up date soon, is a great phone so far
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast