Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Okay not sure if it is supposed to work or not, but I have an ... BlackBerry Storm forum

gthmcty1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30634ABB

VZ Navigator on unlocked storm?

Advertisement

Okay not sure if it is supposed to work or not, but I have an unlocked storm on Tmo and the VZ navi works like a champ, is it supposed to work without any further charges? I have the BB data plan, a freind of mine who is actually on verizon with the storm said that they charge him $9.99? Any body care to shed some light on this?

Okay I have added the steps on how I got it VZ Navi to work on my unlocked Storm:
    Make sure you have the TMO service books installed on your storm and then

Options >Advanced options> TCP/IP : APN should read wap.voicestream.com (I think that is the big problem why most cannot get it working)
    click on the VZ Navi icon and you should be greeted with a welcome screen and an agreement to service terms
    After that it will start to download what is needed!

What if??
    What if I click on the icon and it doesn't do anything?
    Close it out and open DM and uninstall VZ navi from your BB and have it restart then do a batt pull and reinstall VZ navi and upon restart click vz navi and wait, be patient it will work one member has already got it working using this method.
    Last edited by gthmcty1; 12-27-2008 at 10:38 PM.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    Now thats a great question! Not supposed to work without the 9.99 charge. Maybe TMO's data plan just lets it thru? Wow! Keep us update on that one please!

PIN/ID
    30634ABB
    I will it even gives me the turn by turn in my Bluetooth
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i don't see how you could be charged since your tmo. if you get a bill from verizon DON'T OPEN IT!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    couldnt be charged... doesnt even have a Verizon ecct or #. How weird is it that its working though.

jaydee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gthmcty1 View Post
    Okay not sure if it is supposed to work or not, but I have an unlocked storm on Tmo and the VZ navi works like a champ, is it supposed to work without any further charges? I have the BB data plan, a freind of mine who is actually on verizon with the storm said that they charge him $9.99? Any body care to shed some light on this?
    Enjoy the ride! Maybe VZW won't catch on any time soon. Can they track to see what sim is accessing VZ Nav?

PIN/ID
    30634ABB
    Well I guess merry Xmas to me!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Wow I'm going to try... This is legal right?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Giopand no está en línea Stack level 1
    I try to use it but when I open it what only shows me is the Green Screen that says VZ Navigator Traffic Enhanced, so I don't know if I need to configurate or soemthing. Can anyone help me here?

PIN/ID
    30634ABB
    Quote Originally Posted by Giopand View Post
    I try to use it but when I open it what only shows me is the Green Screen that says VZ Navigator Traffic Enhanced, so I don't know if I need to configurate or soemthing. Can anyone help me here?
    Just let it sit there it will load up it took about 10 minutes and then I got the prompt screen

Is not working, only shows me is the Green Screen that says VZ Navigator Traffic Enhanced. How can I uninstall it and then re-install it?

PIN/ID
    30634ABB
    Mine did that for the first few times as well, I opened DM and uninstalled it and then reinstalled it back on the storm and opened it up and "bam" it started working for me

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Oh Wow! It works! I had to reinstall it a few times but it does work 100%. We have to hide this thread LOL. We get this free, Verizon customers pay $10. That's hilarious. They're going to mad when they find out .
    Man In Black(berry)

I open the VZ Navigator and let it load for more than 20 min and nothing happen, anyone knows how to uninstall it so I can reinstall it again?

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I used DTM to uninstall/reinstall VZ. Comes with Verizon OS. I'm on tmo too. BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast