Im getting a new blackberry within the month. I hear good things and bad things ... BlackBerry Storm forum

killakyleog no está en línea Stack level 1

VW Storm? 8830? or 8330?

Advertisement

Im getting a new blackberry within the month. I hear good things and bad things about the storm. and i hear nothing but good things about the 8830 and 8330.
    So... i guess my question is do you guys think its a good time to buy the storm? Are all the blackberry apps compatible with it?
    So yes. which should I purchase.

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Welcome to the Stacks!

Will this be your first BB? If so, what are you expecting to get out of it: work or play?

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    My 8830WE is ROCK solid for business!
    8830 has no camera,while the 8330 does. If that matters to you. There are several things for you to consider. Please post what you need it for. Like the Storm has touch type screen, while the others have a QWERTY keyboard, etc.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Killaky,

Don't forget to evaluate which carrier you go with. For my money, you can't beat the 8330 for a dependable, well-functioning BB.

I have no experience with the Storm or 8830 so put that in the formula when you weigh my advice. My background is 7130, pearl and curves.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I would suggest going in and getting your hands on all 3 devices. The 8830 is slightly larger than the 8330 but both are very useful and great all purpose devices. The only drawback of the 8830 is the lack of a camera. There are good and bad reviews on the Storm but given the chance I would have one in a heartbeat.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I would suggest going in and getting your hands on all 3 devices. The 8830 is slightly larger than the 8330 but both are very useful and great all purpose devices. The only drawback of the 8830 is the lack of a camera. There are good and bad reviews on the Storm but given the chance I would have one in a heartbeat.
    Ditto Cowpoke!
    No camera on the 8830 was a plus in my book.
    I have a SssssssMokin Sony camera anyway. If I need a picture that bad and fast, I just yell "Somebody take a picture now!" lol
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well... I'd say go for a storm... There's some pretty stable OS out there for it, and most say its running pretty good...

Many 3rd party apps are out there for it now as well... And those that aren't are getting there...

Good luck with your decision... Remember there are a few things to consider...

1. Do you want / need a camera?
    2. Do you do a lot of typing? (Touch screens aren't as efficient as qwerty keyboards)
    3. Do you want flashy or dunctional?

And ofcourse: what carrier would you rather go on...

Good luck with your decision...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jwarnoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305753FF
    I've had the 8830 and the Storm, but not the 8330. It may not matter to you, but on Verizon the first two are world phones, but the 8330 is not.

The 8830 is a great phone. If you're on the Internet a lot, I find it much better on the Storm. I've been running the .75 OS without any major difficulties.

That said, Verizon is replacing my Storm. It has a phone problem in that the audio occasionally drops out in the middle of calls. That has nothing to do with the OS, but it might say something about the build quality. The only problem I ever had with the 8830 was the trackball occasionally getting dirty and locking up.

sheperdcohen no está en línea Stack level 1

world phone

I cant believe no one mentioned the fact that only the 8830 and the storm are WORLD PHONES with gsm functionality. This is a BIG drawback if youre looking for a blackberry with a keyboard and a camera that you can take overseas.

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    I believe it all depends on preference. If you want the touchscreen or not - I have the Storm, and absolutely love it - coming from the 8330 curve. I never owned the 8830, but from what I have heard and read about it - the keypad is a little trickier than the 8330. It comes down to whether or not you want the physical keypad or not. The Storm is an amazing machine, and I was very skeptical at first about getting it - but I am glad I decided to go with it. I have done the beta OS upgrades,and with each one, it only got better and better. Again, I'll say it, I think it's a matter of preference,and if you do decide to go with any of the phones you mentioned,you will always have great people here on pinstack to help you every step of the way with making your BlackBerry run to it's fullest potential! Good luck!
    P.S. : Get the Storm!
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

Lightbulb Ummmmm

Quote Originally Posted by sheperdcohen View Post
    I cant believe no one mentioned the fact that only the 8830 and the storm are WORLD PHONES with gsm functionality. This is a BIG drawback if youre looking for a blackberry with a keyboard and a camera that you can take overseas.
    Ummmm.....I believe if you read the post right above yours by jwarnoc , he did say that.
    WE already talked about the cameras and keyboards/pads.

Personally, if I go overseas, it won't be no cheap camera phone taking the pic's.

I believe all this has been mentioned in this post.
    The MAIN thing is what the customer is looking for and wants.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm new to BB and Storm is my first BB phone, but I can tell you that touch screen keyboard is something cool... over past 3 days I got so good at it that I type messages almost with the same speed that I can do on regular computer keyboard. I think sometimes I type to fast and my storm will freeze for sec, but that doesn't matter to me that much since it's one awesome phone, even though I don't have BB date plan I still love storm. Yay for coolness !