ok, I just got to play with the store demo from verizon wireless, they had ... BlackBerry Storm forum

amauryneto no está en línea Stack level 1

Vrz Storm with ATT sim card

Advertisement

ok, I just got to play with the store demo from verizon wireless, they had just received the shipment of the storms, and the rep (a friend of mine) called me to go check it out (I have mine already set aside but I could not walk out of there today with it because the vrz system would return an incorrect price - $99999999 - when inputing the new imei into the system). Anyway, tomorrow morning I will have it.

But going back to what I was saying, the rep let me stick my ATT sim card from my bb pearl into the store demo (a fully working version 9530) and as I expected after booting up the message "Invalid SIM card" came up.

Just wanted to confirm to all of you that first, the storm does have a SIM slot - it was kinda hard to remove the vrz sim as it looked like they tried to lock it in place; and two, that the phone is indeed carrier locked.

I look forward to see how soon we will be able to unlock it...

Thanks,

EFresh no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is good news. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    You can't unlock the verizon storm you can in unlock the vodafon model tho~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    You can't unlock the verizon storm you can unlock the vodafon model tho~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    thats good to hear, who knows when or even if AT&T will release their version of the storm. Im guessing since they have the Bold, TMO will get a storm first

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    thats good to hear, who knows when or even if AT&T will release their version of the storm. Im guessing since they have the Bold, TMO will get a storm first

I am thinking the same thing as well. But att seem to shock us every time. So don't count them out.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I think it was DjSmooth who said that the FCC had already approved the GSM version, so.........someones gonna get it

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7
    Someone comment on whether this will work in US on AT&T...

http://www.expansys-usa.com/d.aspx?i=175273

deepsamurai no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20D661B1
    I do have a Storm that is unlocked and works through AT&T! No 3g however, but I do get EDGE speed, so i'm ok!
    Pin #~20D661B1