Has anyone else had any complaints by the people you are calling that your voice ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Qwest336 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Voice Quality Problems (My voice, not person being called)

Advertisement

Has anyone else had any complaints by the people you are calling that your voice sounds muffled?? I also have a Pearl that is also with Verizon, so I called my friend on my Storm and she said I sounded muffled. I called her from my Pearl while still on the phone on the Storm, and she said I sounded 10 times better. She clicked back over and I shifted to the other side of my face, she said there was no difference.

I am currently running 4.7.0.86 but have also used .72 and .82 to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions???

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwest336 View Post
    Has anyone else had any complaints by the people you are calling that your voice sounds muffled?? I also have a Pearl that is also with Verizon, so I called my friend on my Storm and she said I sounded muffled. I called her from my Pearl while still on the phone on the Storm, and she said I sounded 10 times better. She clicked back over and I shifted to the other side of my face, she said there was no difference.

I am currently running 4.7.0.86 but have also used .72 and .82 to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions???
    YES!!!! I do! haha
    whenever I call my gf she always says I do. Hm, I always thought it was an excuse to not talk on the phone. HA. Im also running 86
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    YES!!!! I do! haha
    whenever I call my gf she always says I do. Hm, I always thought it was an excuse to not talk on the phone. HA. Im also running 86
    LOL...If it were just her, i guess it would be less of a problem, lol. The mics on the Pearl and the Storm are basically in the same place, so I wonder why I'm having these problems. Hopefully, if the noise keeps up, they will fix this problem in the next update.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I think its our "people".
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Actually my gf says the voice clarity on my storm is much better than my 8800. She used to hear a lot of background noise and now she doesn't hear any~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    My gf is the only one who says I sound muffled. Im starting to see what really is going on now :-p
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

PIN/ID
    AskMe

rrife no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah, I have this problem all the time. I did a battery pull and called my wife back and she said I sounded fine afterwards, so it something in the software that's screwing up the audio. I've also been having issues where I can hear the person on the other line, but they can't hear me, this too requires a battery pull to resolve.

I have a very deep voice. I'm not sure if it is my voice that is the problem, because i have had problems with the voice dialing at times. I think the noise cancellation works to cancel out the sounds in my voice. My little brother's voice is similar to mine but not quite as deep, and when I talk to him on his Storm, I hear him great. I wish there was a setting or something to disable the noise cancellation so I can at least test my theory...alas...