Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

so while the wipe and install worked, i no long have my browser and visual ... BlackBerry Storm forum

DeadsetAce no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

so while the wipe and install worked, i no long have my browser and visual voicemail app icons. any thoughts on why this would happen?

clhdo4self no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I had this issue, I had Verizon take the visual voicemail off my account and then I checked and deleted any messages in my voicemail box by calling *86, then I had them put the visual voicemail back on and it's been working ever since.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    resend your service books!!

DeadsetAce no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    resend your service books!!
    how do i do this? haha clearly i'm a BB newb

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    go on your carrier's BIS website, login and click resend service books.

WiseGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30490E4B
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadsetAce View Post
    Hi all,

So I have zero voicemails in my inbox, but the little voicemail sign won't go away. Any ideas of why this is happening? Thanks in advance
    I had this problem and it was caused because I had 1 new vm that I did not check and then I signed up for visual vm. So, visual vm downloaded the vm message, showed me the new vm icon and went away after the message was played. so the signal to the phone to "remove" the original vm symbol from the phone was never sent because vzw is allowing those notifications to go through visual vm and not through the traditional vm system. that connection from vzw to your phone to notify of having or no longer having new vm is no longer there at that point because its expecting you to use visual vm.

the solution came after I updated the OS. update or reinstalling your OS will fix this glitch.

Note: for a week or so I deleted the visual vm app from my phone because I was going to go back to just having regular vm and during that period when I deleted the app I did not get any vm notifications, even the traditional symbol on the phone, because vzw is "expecting" me to download it or be notified by visual vm not knowing that I unistalled that app from my phone. Anyway, I've since decided to keep it so I installed the app again and all is back to normal.
    Last edited by WiseGuy; 12-17-2008 at 02:35 AM.
    david

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12