I have some wmv files on my 9550 that I just transferred from my old ... BlackBerry Storm forum

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Video worked on 9530 but not 9550

Advertisement

I have some wmv files on my 9550 that I just transferred from my old memory card in the 9530. They played fine on it, but they don't play on the 9550 at all. The encoding in the video player is set to "auto." I don't remember there being a setting for that on the 9530. Has anyone else had this problem? The 3gp and mp4 videos still play just fine, it's only the wmv files I'm having problems with. I don't know if I need to pick something other than "auto" although it would seem that would detect it.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Weird that they worked on one BB and not the other...I always had trouble with wma files, a few worked but many had sound but video froze or they were silent movies. Can you convert teh wma files to mp4?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I can but I prefer not to... it's a pain and takes forever... LOL. WMA files are supposed to play natively on BlackBerry so I'm not sure what's going on. And yes, I did have trouble with a few on the other one, but those are gone, I only kept the ones that worked. I'm just wondering if it's a setting somewhere, or the "auto" isn't all that auto... :-P

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've heard that some leaked OS's don't play some formats (codecs) of videos. What OS are you using?
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com

I've got .320. I haven't changed it, I'm not a big fan of using something that isn't "official." I will say I have NO memory leaks at all, big change from the 9530. These videos aren't really important, I'd like to get them going, but mostly I'm just wondering why they worked on the other and not this one.