Hello all, I just got my Storm about a week ago and for the most ... BlackBerry Storm forum

screxer no está en línea Stack level 1

"Vibrate Only" issue

Advertisement

Hello all,

I just got my Storm about a week ago and for the most part really like it. However, "vibrate only" does not work compared to my old Pearl. On my Pearl, I could create as many custom profiles as I want and when I chose vibrate only, it would silence everything and only vibrate when there was a phone call or message, etc. On the Storm, I have created the custom profiles. However, when I choose "vibrate only" on the storm, it will only work correctly if I don't have a custom profile setup for the particular caller or message sender. If I have setup a custom profile, the phone will vibrate once and then the tone will start playing as normal. This defeats the purpose of "vibrate only" and nearly led to an embarassing situation at work. Am I missing something on the Storm? When I choose vibrate only, I want it to override ALL tones and only vibrate regardless of whether there is a custom profile.

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    i had the same issue you have to erase the profiles and make new ones on the storm, for some reason they just dont match to the storm. You can erase the profiles by using the DM and go to Backup and restore and hit advance and a whole list of thing will pop up just look for profiles and erase them and then restart the phone
    Last edited by rpol8052; 03-26-2009 at 12:03 AM.

I didn't transfer any profiles from the Pearl and may have misspoke when I said "custom profile". I just realized that on the Storm, I setup "contact alerts", not "custom profiles". Honestly, I can't even figure out how to add a contact to a custom profile like I did on the Pearl which is why I have ringtones setup through "contact alerts".

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by screxer View Post
    I didn't transfer any profiles from the Pearl and may have misspoke when I said "custom profile". I just realized that on the Storm, I setup "contact alerts", not "custom profiles". Honestly, I can't even figure out how to add a contact to a custom profile like I did on the Pearl which is why I have ringtones setup through "contact alerts".
    youre doing it correctly, however, im sure youre using .75 OS, which this is a known issue, if you create a custom sound profile that would do the same thing as "Vibrate only" should, it will work! :-D

ah, okay...I think I got it now. I just created a custom profile....set volume to silent and vibrate to on and that seems to fix the issue. Thanks!