question -- how can i move all my contacts etc to the storm from the ... BlackBerry Storm forum

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916

Smile Verizon Wireless - 8100 to Storm.....

Advertisement

question -- how can i move all my contacts etc to the storm from the 8100?

is it possible?

havent messed with the storm yet - although im beyond novice with blackberrys/desktop manager etc - just didnt want to mess anything up and verizon doesnt use SIM

i know they can do it at the verizon locations, but my Storms on its way here, it got shipped to my office, and a co-worker is bringing it to me, so id rather not wait

tks in advance

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    If you have desktop manager setup on the desktop to sync with Outlook then you can easily go through the new device sequence or just it up with the storm. But you said you were novice... Do you use these features I speak of?

Let us know.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916
    i said i was beyond novice... i dont really use outlook too much

but im assuming, install the latest desktop manager.... hook up my old blackberry... sync it... then hook up the new one?

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I haven't done that myself but I would bet that it would work. I was going to reply again and suggest that but my food was ready.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ameilius View Post
    i said i was beyond novice... i dont really use outlook too much

but im assuming, install the latest desktop manager.... hook up my old blackberry... sync it... then hook up the new one?
    yes,that will work
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ if you don't plan on selling the pearl keep it for a backup.
    You can backup your entire phone with blackberry desktop manager, then backup your address book specifically to a separate file (to make sure it got backed up completely) then sync your new device with desktop manager, and sync the address book. You should be set from there. If not, verizon will xfer contacts for you for free IF you let them setup the device/program it for the first time.(Or sweet talk the reps and they do it too)

kingohearts2005 no está en línea Stack level 1
    You don't have to go through any of that. On the desktop manager there is an option to switch from device to another right on the home screen. It will transfer all of your data including your conywcts and calendar. That's the method I used to go from my 8130 to my storm and it worked quick and easy.