I've received 2 Storm refubs both of which have Mass Storage Mode crippled. According to ... BlackBerry Storm forum

mfathauer no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon refubs Mass Storage Faulty

Advertisement

I've received 2 Storm refubs both of which have Mass Storage Mode crippled. According to RIM rep, this has been an ongoing issue with Bolds. Appears that the reprogramming is faulty and sets an incorrect bit so that regardless of user setting (on or prompt) Mass Storage Mode is not available. No promps occur and neither the device nor SD card are available as drives in XP or Vista.

Tech support at Verizon seems unaware of the issue and it took 3 reps at RIM to come to this conclusion. I'm going to give RIM one last chance to fix one of the refurbs or demand a new phone from Verizon. I'm aware of the BB Storage Activation fix but chose not to use it except as a last resort.

RIM / Verizon need to get on this issue.

Marc

Sheriff66 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by mfathauer View Post
    I've received 2 Storm refubs both of which have Mass Storage Mode crippled. According to RIM rep, this has been an ongoing issue with Bolds. Appears that the reprogramming is faulty and sets an incorrect bit so that regardless of user setting (on or prompt) Mass Storage Mode is not available. No promps occur and neither the device nor SD card are available as drives in XP or Vista.

Tech support at Verizon seems unaware of the issue and it took 3 reps at RIM to come to this conclusion. I'm going to give RIM one last chance to fix one of the refurbs or demand a new phone from Verizon. I'm aware of the BB Storage Activation fix but chose not to use it except as a last resort.

RIM / Verizon need to get on this issue.

Marc
    My refurb is having this issue and the fix isn't working, guess I need to get on the horn with Verizon ASAP

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Is this the fix you won't try? http://forums.pinstack.com/f61/mass_storage_issues_heres_the_fix-96938/

I would think it would be less aggravation to just try it than to fight with vzw or RIM....but maybe that's just me....I would always rather try a fix that seems to work for most than spend time on the phone explaining, arguing, getting transferred from one rfep to another...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

idriveacomet65 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i used this fix on my refurb Storm and it worked flawlessly. i would do this before i bothered with Verizon / RIM.

shellbern no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Storm Mass Storage Fix

Hi I'm a newbie--first time on the forum. I just received a refurbished BB Storm and can't transfer data from my desktop, Windows XP Pro, to my BB Storm via Mass Storage transfer. My desktop does not recognize my Storm. I notice in this forum that there is a fix, but I cannot figure how to do it. Could you please give step-by-step detailed instructions?
    Thanks so much!!

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    shellbern:

1. Download the *.rar file
    2. Unzip the *.rar file
    3. Connect your phone via usb to computer
    4. Run the *.bat file (that was extracted from the *.rar file)
    (a DOS screen will appear)
    5. Click any key to continue
    6. Your Device will reboot!
    7. Once the reboot is complete, unplug your usb cable & exit DOS.
    8. Re-insert your usb cable & your computer should identify your phone as a drive & your memory card as a drive.
    Last edited by GaBulldog; 08-17-2009 at 05:01 PM.

shellbern no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks GaBulldog for the detailed instructions. It worked great. I agree with others that the fix is the way to go. Verizon/BlackBerry didn't even seem to know that there was a problem.

msgallin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the help guys... I was going crazy trying to figure this one out.....

Man I do hate refirbs....