Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I thought they may not want you to get it retail because at some point ... BlackBerry Storm forum

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Advertisement

I thought they may not want you to get it retail because at some point (now?) you could plug in your sim and use in on AT&T and T-Mob. Doesn't it have a GSM radio as well? I've seen vendors online selling "unlocked" Storms, which leads me to think that it can be unlocked and used on the GSM networks.

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Quote Originally Posted by j llama View Post
    Called two of my local stores to ask more questions. I got some really bad news. Could just be a local thing, I am not sure. If you purchase the Storm at full retail from verizon, you will NOT walk out of a Corporate store with a Storm in hand.

Verizon will ship your device to you. Needless to say, I got pretty angry when I heard this. I asked the manager, what if I would have waited outside in the cold for 6 hours prior to opening would they have shipped it to me then as well. He said that is going to be the policy for 30 days after launch to combat ebay sales of the device.

This is making me really angry.

Guess I'll be going to Best Buy as well. Dang it, should have pre-ordered.

This is bad news...what's with the posts about $199 upgrade or $249 to upgrade if you arent eligble for one?? Grr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12