Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FINALLY got the storm, i had been waiting an entire weekend and it was excruciating ... BlackBerry Storm forum

8700krystal no está en línea Stack level 2

Update on new storm..

Advertisement

FINALLY got the storm, i had been waiting an entire weekend and it was excruciating being teased by my roommate's storm but always having to hand it back..

I LOVE THIS PHONE..

but the one thing i hate is the battery life.. i've tried turning the backlight down extremely low, the backlight timeout low and high (high because it makes sense that if you put the phone down, the screen goes black, and you pick it back up and start playing with it constantly that would wear the battery down quicker)..

it has no effect.. the battery lasts approximately 18-24 hours depending on usage.. i text and make calls, ocassionally browse the web... don't watch videos, don't take pictures, don't listen to music.. etc. that will come in the future but i'm still adjusting to the phone..

now, my question for you stackers is this: i'm seeing so many differen't os updates, but what is the general consensus on the best one, or one that significantly improves battery life? HELP!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    18 to 24 hours... man you should be thanking your lucky stars... thats amazing battery life...

my bold gives me about 15 hours battery MAX... on average i go from 100% to 10% in about 7 to 8 hours...
    i see RED...

6s1d9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I recently updated mine to .132 and have no complaints or issues. Works perfectly. Until then, I used .75 and honestly had no complaints about that either however .132 is definitely an improvement. I suggest updating yours. I typically get about 18-24 hours of battery life also but that didn't happen until I managed my usage. I got a pretty good system of what I use and how much I use it. But yeah, your gonna want to update. Oh, if you don't use VZ Navigator or Visual Vocie mail, I suggest deleting them. My opinion is that large programs like that bog down your phone.

red, this is optimum performance for my bb? WOW! every bb i've owned (8700, pearl, and curve) had a battery life that i had no complaints about.. but this one, even with minimum usage seems to drain quickly..

6s, .132, what is the difference between that update and .122? i've already removed ALL applications i find useless, so that's def. not adding to the problem..

PIN/ID
    ask me
    are you using your gps or a twitter app regularly?

ive seen that if you have a twitter app updating too frequently, ie every 1 min or 5 mins, there's a significant battery drain... and if i run my gps simultaneously, ill get a max battery life of 5 hours...

another thing is the media player... at best ill get about 5 hours of audio playback and 3ish hrs of video playback...

the 8700, the pearl and the curve have much better battery lives than the bold and the storm... mainly because they only have a 200 mhz processor... these two bad boys support a 675mhz processor that takes up significantly more juice...
    i see RED...

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Your best bet on OS is the .132 and the batt life sucks on every OS, but like red said you are OK mine last 6 hrs so you are ok in there.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    why dont you just put it in standby mode when you are not using it? thats what i do with all my BBs and makes a HUGE difference.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am back on my BB but when I used it previously, I was on it all day and got nearly 18+ hours out of the battery (which is an extended battery. Haven't used the OEM battery it came with since I got it). However, if this is still an issue, you could try one of these

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/basi16bbx6.htm
    http://www.seidioonline.com/product-...bb9530b-bk.htm
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-02-2009 at 08:26 PM.

red, i don't use either of those apps.. the only 3rd party app i have on my phone is myspace..

from what i'm reading, apparently i have very good battery life, so i guess i'll quit griping

PIN/ID
    ask me
    judging by your username, i think you had an 8700 previously... those will spoil you in terms of battery life...
    i see RED...

yeah i definitely think i've been spoiled!! but i daresay my battery life is improving.. seems to last about a day and a half now..

one other question.. when charging the phone and the lightning bolt is there, does that go away when the phone is fully charged?

one day it was still there but i checked status>battery and it said 100%, but another time it showed a full battery with the bolt gone.. should i be charging it until it just shows a full battery with no bolt?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well, the bolt will show as long as your battery is charging...

However, if your batter exceeds 39c temp, your device will automatically stop charging till the temp goes down...

Also, if your device has a full charge and you connect it, it'll take a moment to check and realize you're fully charged...

One more thing... Sometimes it'll show in the status as 100% but maybe its just a little lower... The status menu rounds the battery charge to a 5% increment... So if you're at 97%, it'll show the charging bolt but will say 100%

~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

so how do i know when it's fully charged and ready to be taken off the charger?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    "SMART" phone man... you dont have to worry about when to take it off... you can leave it on and it'll stop charging when its done...
    i see RED...

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    "SMART" phone man... you dont have to worry about when to take it off... you can leave it on and it'll stop charging when its done...
    GOTTA LOVE EM...

except it didnt feel too smart before when my SmartPhone would lock up and REBOOT during my Phone call. lol

thank god for leaked OS's =)
    «BlackBerry: Storm 9530»

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast