I've got unwanted icons on my storm 1 that I can't seem to get rid ... BlackBerry Storm forum

ddennis69 no está en línea Stack level 2

unwanted icons

Advertisement

I've got unwanted icons on my storm 1 that I can't seem to get rid of. They can be hidden but I'd rather just remove them but don't see a delete option. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

The icons are as follows:
    Slacker radio
    My verizon
    Vzw tones
    Aim
    Msn messenger
    Google talk

Also having issues with the mail app ever since I loaded os 5.0, it won't rotate the screen when I turn it sideways. Any ideas?

Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Any carrier related stuff will simply return when you reboot your device, but the third party app icons can be removed by deleting the application itself.

Not sure how of the flow on the Storm, but generally you go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications. When the apps load, scroll down to the one you want to remove, highlight it then press the BB menu button and select delete. The device will tell you a restart is necessary to permanently delete the app, but delete all the ones you want first, then restart your device.

ddennis69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Therein lies the problem, the apps are not loaded on the phone. I've tried going thru the applications menu but they are not present there. All I have are the icons to download the apps and I'd like to get rid of them if possible.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book. If they're in that list, you can delete them from there using the same method (BB Menu Button>Delete), and after a reboot they should be gone.