Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello Fellow Stackers,I need some help I just purchased an unlocked Storm it is unlocked ... BlackBerry Storm forum

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584

Question Unlocked Verizon Storm To T Mobile Problem

Advertisement

Hello Fellow Stackers,I need some help I just purchased an unlocked Storm it is unlocked to T mobiles Service but I am having some problems, First I do not have a web browser so I cannot browse the web I have an unlimited data plan through T mobile so I dont see why I wouldnt be able to browse the web also my blackberry meesenger contacts have little X's next to my contacts saying that the contacts are unavailable, I don't know if it is because I have a new pin I dont know and as far as the web browsing maybe it has to do with my service books if so how do I have my service books sent to my phone so I have the web feature and all my other features that I had on my previous Blackberry 8820. Can someone please help me out here I need my web and other features that I used to have. If its a service book problem how do I send them.Thanks So Much
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Okay, first of all you need to call the VW techs to get them to unlock your SIM card, if you haven't done that yet. Next, if you did a backup with your 8820, do a restore on your storm with that backup file. That will give you service books, contacts, and other stuff you might be missing. Then you have to get on your carrier site and change your PIN on the site, you should have the browser after the previous step. If you have all the stuff taken care of with your carrier, you should be able to make and receive calls, send and receive texts, browse the internet, and hopefully use bbm. As far as the bbm, i'm not too sure if its gonna work, this is as far as me and my buddy has gotten with the switch from VW to cellular south. I hope it works, if not i'm sorry, but this is all I know so far. Also, if it doesn't work, don't fret, you're not that far away from full functionality.~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    304B6584

Question

My im has been unlocked my text work my phone calls work all i need is my web browser feature everything else is perfect... There must be another way to have my service books sent to me...
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Call your carrier and have them send it to your new pin. Other then that if you don't have any backup data, I,m sorry I don't know.~via smartphone~

schwartzki no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do you have the blackberry package added to your tmobile account?

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    The instructions I sent you are very good, and helpful. Calling T-Mobile will not help, because thats what I did as well. You need to download the generic service books from this site or the site I provided you with. When you restore from a backup, do not include the service books in the backup, that is what gets rid of the browser.

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Are your instructions only relevant to TMO or will it work for mine too? If so I would appreciate your input.~via smartphone~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Yeah, sorry, just for T-MO, because thats what I am on. Which carrier are you with?

PIN/ID
    304B6584
    Ok I just got my blackberry messenger working perfect the only thing left is the web browser thanks for all your help guys ! any info if Beejive will be compatible for storm anytime soon?

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    I'm with cellular south. My buddy is the one with the storm.~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    304B6584
    Aw Man Now Email Is Not working getting error when sending (User Account In Suspended Mode) whats that about ?

htparagon no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello All! My first post - I was advised by a friend to try to find help here. I just bought a Vodaphone Storm in Germany and have gotten it to work fine on AT&T. I am only missing the browser. I can only locate the browser icon if I press the menu button from the homescreen, and choose 'Switch Application'. Upon opening the browser, an error message appears: "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device." After calling ATT numerous times from Europe, the service books have been sent many times, but still no browser! Any advice? Thanks!

Hacker23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can force load the service books.

~via smartphone~

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker23 View Post
    You can force load the service books.

~via smartphone~
    How?

...on TMO...
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    How?

...on TMO...
    Through desktop manager.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...tml#post877720
    -Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast