Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by boomboom The storm will work on TMobile network. You just need to ... BlackBerry Storm forum

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    The storm will work on TMobile network. You just need to unlock the gsm side. I believe the best speeds you will get is edge on either tmo or AT&T....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Correct.
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

justforme no está en línea Stack level 1

Justforme

the blackberry storm will not fully work on sprint only talk and text.Of course thats after alot of bullshit to get to that point.Now if it is unlocked it can be used on Tmobile or ATT. Verizon is CDMA but the blackberry storm is a world phone and with world phones it doesnt matter what network it is on it has a sim card slot. So as long as you get it unlocked it will work. I am with Tmobile and all my features and everything works.Only thing if it is not on Verizon network you will not get a 3g signal, only EDGE.I have no problems at all though with the phone I love it.
    Last edited by justforme; 04-30-2009 at 05:57 PM.

doortonowhere no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A9CA40

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by UberZuper View Post
    First, no CDMA phone will work on a GSM carrier; therefore, no T-MO for now.
    Second, for a CDMA device to work, the ESN must be in the respectrive carrier's database. ESNs are not so much carrier specific; at least until the ESN is received into the carriers network.

Third and lastly, read the specs, the phone is digital dual band, quad mode (world phone.) Sprint IS getting the phone next year and, unlike Verizon, the GSM is unlocked for outside US service, so you can use any carriers SIM. Verizon's is not unlocked. Additionally, Verizon paid big $ to be first to market with the Storm.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    '

Sorry to call you out on this but that information is incorrect, The storm is both CDMA and GSM so yes it can be used on TMO... there are plenty od people who have gotten it to work in TMO and AT&T you really should check your facts before you state something as truth.

There is plenty of information on Crackberry as to how to go about getting it working for GSM carriers.
    Good luck!

doortonowhere no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A9CA40
    The only real barrier to getting the storm to work on Sprint is getting them to allow the ESN or the MSID on their network, granted I haven't had the chance to work with Sprint first hand though to know just how anal they are about allowing outside hardware on their network. There is a rather good walkthrough as to how to get it working on alltel, which i Have done and had mine up and running with EVERYTHING working 100% in under 10 minutes. So yes it can be done.

megloman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I used This site since it has a nearly perfect 4.9/5 rating with google checkout and is accredited with the better business bureau and an "A" Rating with them.
    plus they were recommended highly in the cell phone forums.
    http://www.unlockcellphonecode.com
    I talked to one of their support reps on live chat and within 5 mins i had my unlock code and my phone was unlocked.
    Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome521 View Post
    Guys,
    Can anyone tell me if the Verizon storm can be use with the Sprint CDMA? Does it have to be unlocked first? Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12