Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guys, Can anyone tell me if the Verizon storm can be use with the Sprint ... BlackBerry Storm forum

jerome521 no está en línea Stack level 2

Unlocked Verizon Storm for Sprint CDMA

Advertisement

Guys,
    Can anyone tell me if the Verizon storm can be use with the Sprint CDMA? Does it have to be unlocked first? Thanks.

laraiza no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sprint will not activate an unlocked storm. They will only activate their own phones. They said they may start do other carriers phones around mid 2009 or 2010.

laraiza no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think its because the esn numbers are valid only for each carrier individually. Its a cdma thing. As per a Sales rep however he could be wrong. That's just what he told me.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Sprint will let you use a Verizon phone on their network now but you have to jump through hoops to get it done. There is a special department that handles to insertion of the ESN and reprogramming of the phone.

I may be wrong but I thought on the specs that the Storm was only single band CDMA?

Zo

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    That's correct. Each ESN is carrier specific. Unlocking isn't impossible but it might as well be. Not to mention because of the phones hard coding, many of the features may not work. Overall just a raw deal.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

aboogy58 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305AE3CF
    Since we're talking about unlocked phone. Do you think a storm would work on a TMO?

UberZuper no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31a2859e

UberZuper no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31a2859e
    First, no CDMA phone will work on a GSM carrier; therefore, no T-MO for now.
    Second, for a CDMA device to work, the ESN must be in the respectrive carrier's database. ESNs are not so much carrier specific; at least until the ESN is received into the carriers network.

Third and lastly, read the specs, the phone is digital dual band, quad mode (world phone.) Sprint IS getting the phone next year and, unlike Verizon, the GSM is unlocked for outside US service, so you can use any carriers SIM. Verizon's is not unlocked. Additionally, Verizon paid big $ to be first to market with the Storm.

HolidayDre no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by UberZuper View Post
    Second, for a CDMA device to work, the ESN must be in the respectrive carrier's database. ESNs are not so much carrier specific; at least until the ESN is received into the carriers network.

Third and lastly, read the specs, the phone is digital dual band, quad mode (world phone.) Sprint IS getting the phone next year and, unlike Verizon, the GSM is unlocked for outside US service, so you can use any carriers SIM. Verizon's is not unlocked. Additionally, Verizon paid big $ to be first to market with the Storm.

Who told you Sprint is getting the Storm next year?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by UberZuper View Post

http://gizmodo.com/5053558/gsm-touch...r-name-ditched (just a notation to show the specs on the GSM version which appears to have been changed to Storm also instead of Thunder).

Your first and second points contradict each other. If the unit is quad band GSM as well as dual band CDMA (thank you for the correction to my original response) then it will work on US carrier's once it has been unlocked. Not sure how RIM is locking the unit down to keep it from operating on US carriers but you know Verizon is going to have them do that if they leave it unlocked for European use. If they do find a way to do that, it will make the world of GSM very interesting as other companies attempt to do the same thing which will make my job very interesting unlocking those units. hehehehe.

Zo

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    So confusing! Has there ever been a World Edition ANYTHING phone from Verizon that worked on a US GSM network? I have yet to ever hear of one. Also, since the 8830WE has been out for some time, perhas someone has discovered how to get it to work on the US GSM networks. No?

I don't think it's possible.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
    So confusing! Has there ever been a World Edition ANYTHING phone from Verizon that worked on a US GSM network? I have yet to ever hear of one. Also, since the 8830WE has been out for some time, perhas someone has discovered how to get it to work on the US GSM networks. No?

I don't think it's possible.
    The 8830 is Dual band CDMA and Dual Band GSM not Quad band GSM which makes a world of difference. The 8830 doesn't have the 850 / 1900 frequencies that are required to run on US networks.

Zo

moneymark33 no está en línea Stack level 1
    So does anyone have a timeline on when Sprint will have the Storm?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Anyone who says the storm won't run on tmo unlocked is incorrect; and its that "know-it-all-when-you-dont" type ignorance that is ruining this site. If you don't know the facts, don't mislead others by posting.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    The storm will work on TMobile network. You just need to unlock the gsm side. I believe the best speeds you will get is edge on either tmo or AT&T....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast