Hello Fellow StackersI have an unlocked storm to tmobiles network and I am having problems ... BlackBerry Storm forum

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584

Question Unlocked Storm To Tmobile EDGE connection problem

Advertisement

Hello Fellow StackersI have an unlocked storm to tmobiles network and I am having problems with my EDGE service I see when the little icon in the top right corner is on lower case edge I cannot connect to the web or any of my other apps that rel on the EDGE network is this a Tmobile server issue or is it my phone I don't know if my mobile network settings in the phone are correct I am just very confused and need my web service to work.... any help would be apprecited....Thank You...
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    It's your phone, I have it too. It can be tricky. To resolve I used teh rim0x04001404.sfi file in the CDMA directory from an older OS. So I upgraded to .99 but copied this file to the .99 loader files.

It seemed to work OK on .75 and .90 but .103 definitely has a problem with it. .99 might be OK but I am not sure because T-Mobile had a bad tower in NYC near me when I was on .99 before downgrading the CDMA file.

PIN/ID
    304B6584
    Yeah you are right this all started happening when I upgraded my OS I guess I am going to have to downgrade, now how did you downgrade the file ? do I have to go back to the old OS ?
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

PIN/ID
    304B6584

Question

I guess I am going to need to downgrade that cdma file now the question is how ????

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    have you downloaded the generic TMobile service books on the Strom threads here? Browsing Web won't work without Tmobile service books and TMo doesnt support the Storm. There are a couple of ways to download the service book and manually install on your STorm. Have you looked into all that? I will say that should not effect your EDGE service though. Have you made sure you went to Mobile Options and turned Global and 2G ON?

PIN/ID
    304B6584

Question

Yes all my service books are on the phone when you put on glbal mode there are no options to switch between 2g and 3g I really think it has something to do when I upgraded my OS because when I was using the old OS I did not have this problem not As I said before how do you downgrade OS' I did a backup on my computer before I upgraded would I just have to do a restore on the phone ???

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Do what pcwiz told u. OS .103 radio files sux.
    Or go Hybrid .106
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

lebron218 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    have you downloaded the generic TMobile service books on the Strom threads here? Browsing Web won't work without Tmobile service books and TMo doesnt support the Storm. There are a couple of ways to download the service book and manually install on your STorm. Have you looked into all that? I will say that should not effect your EDGE service though. Have you made sure you went to Mobile Options and turned Global and 2G ON?
    how do iinstall service book from tmobile on my storm

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Go with .148 beta. That seemed to work the best for me. That being said every storm acts a little differant to the sfi(radio) files. Some devices work well with .90 some get the vwz screen of death. Only thing you can do is try and see.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

tulsaokie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Actually Network Tech needs to be set to GSM/UMTS and than select 2G.

TCP/Ip needs to be changed to: epc.tmobile.com username and Pword left BLANK

Also the service book thing CAN be sent to your BB Storm

There are generic Tmo service books out there on torrents and The Google.

the Best radio available for your unlocked Tmo Storm is .90 which comes the .99 OS

the best dude out there is Lyricidal Google 'Lyricidal Hybrid +radio'

You phone will work like no other Storm out there.

demyxxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I've also got the same issue.. The only build that works for me is the beta.. i think.. 4.7.0.132 platform 4.0.0.162.. I forgot where i got that OS from.. i'm thinking crackberry.. anyways, i've got full EDGE with this.. not like the others(BELIEVE ME i've installed other OS. but ALWAYS on edge..) My question is.. Is it the OS? is there any way around it? I really want to install the most updated OS, but seems like I can't if it is just gonna keep dropping to edge all day.. Any resolve around this?