Does anyone know that the VZW Storm is unlocked?... BlackBerry Storm forum

Prasert no está en línea Stack level 2

Unlocked Storm

Advertisement

Does anyone know that the VZW Storm is unlocked?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    it is a CXDMA device, they can not be unllocked like GSM devices.

kcschultz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    At rest
    I would tend to agree with MW Patterson, but in searching I found this.

http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page....30&skuno=70083

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    The CDMA part of the device cannot be unlocked. However, the quadband GSM part can be unlocked.

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    indeed. it is a dual device. just like the 8830. the gsm part can indeed be unlocked. the cdma cannot be unlocked. like all other cdma phones.

NickB2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    so if you can unlock the gsm part of the phone, but can't unlock the cdma part. Will it still work on at&t and what will/won't I be able to do?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    it will work only one the GSM frequency for voice and date but you will not be able to access 3G as each provider owns their own band of 3G frequency...so if you can manage to get VZW to unlock the GSM for you then you would be able to use it on T-Mobile or AT&T with your current SIM card but will not have any 3G capabilities...hope this helps

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    it will work only one the GSM frequency for voice and date but you will not be able to access 3G as each provider owns their own band of 3G frequency...so if you can manage to get VZW to unlock the GSM for you then you would be able to use it on T-Mobile or AT&T with your current SIM card but will not have any 3G capabilities...hope this helps
    This is great to know. So if one purchased a 9530 somehow got it unlocked it would work 100%? No problems? I don't have 3G so that's not an issue. Or should i just ger the 9500?
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Like the 8830, if you get the GSM unlocked the GSM only works outside the U.S. So still wont do you any good. i was calling tech support on the same issue with my 8830WE VZW phone. But i need a VZW SIM card to unlock the GSM. Im not leaving the country or switching carriers so i am not worrying about it.

But for all of you who want a storm.....Get rid of your carrier and come to "The Network". I mean so many ppl left their other carriers to goto ATT for the iPhone.... so here is Verizon snapping back to get ppl on their service.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'm getting my hands on an unlocked Storm in Canada but I'll be stuck with Rogers or Fido because my CDMA carrier doesn't activate unlocked phones.

I can't wait to get ahold of the phone, such a sexy beast!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MEDMAXRX no está en línea Stack level 1

unlocked storm

[FONT=Verdana]Hey guys... UPdate on the Cell PHone Scam....
    The guy is JayTronix@live.com , m101ltd@rock.com , applesaleslinks@gmail.com, jaymobilelinks@gmail.com (Craig Nguyen) and claims to have a store in UK and Georgia, money is transferred via western Union to a Michele McNeeley in Kennesaw, GA. This man claims to have a manager by the name of Mnachen Powell, and claims a registration number to be :
    13 BANKFOLD,
    City:BARROWFORD,
    State:NELSON,
    Zip Code:BB9 6JW
    Reg No:TN047635623

The reality is that this is the guy's cell phone number but he takes your money and claims he needs more money for more phones; you are never sent anything. I am filing reports everywhere, and I wont say what is going on now, but authorities are aware of them. The true name of the company is J-1 Limited (COMPANY NUMBER 6300676) and while that company is said to exist in UK... THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM

I also found some old emails with the following email addresses also:
    jamephonesplaza@hotmail.com
    jamephonesplazas@hotmail.com
    jame_phones@yahoo.com
    jame_phones@look.com[/FONT]

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
    Like the 8830, if you get the GSM unlocked the GSM only works outside the U.S. So still wont do you any good. i was calling tech support on the same issue with my 8830WE VZW phone. But i need a VZW SIM card to unlock the GSM. Im not leaving the country or switching carriers so i am not worrying about it.

But for all of you who want a storm.....Get rid of your carrier and come to "The Network". I mean so many ppl left their other carriers to goto ATT for the iPhone.... so here is Verizon snapping back to get ppl on their service.
    This is incorrect. See below.

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    This is incorrect. See below.
    I concur.
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    sooo, just to make sure, once you unlock any device (GSM wise) all you need to do is switch the phone (namely the Storm 9530) onto GSM mode and the sim card inserted that network "stuff" will automatically appear correct?

(in other words, if u put a AT&T sim card in, the at&t logo will appear at the top of the phone?)
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    yes it will appear at the top and you can make phone calls, you will have to change voice mail number, and download service books to your phone in order to use bb browser and MMS.
    STORM 9530 OS 4.7.0.122v3.5h