Hello, I'm new the world of Smartphones and have only had my Blackberry for a ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Dave450 no está en línea Stack level 1

Transfer Files - Sync

Advertisement

Hello,

I'm new the world of Smartphones and have only had my Blackberry for a week. I am expecting that this is a fairly basic question.

Does anyone know how to use the Blackberry 9530 to transfer files in a way similar to the old Windows Briefcase app?

I've done the following things already:
    1) Window Explorer - I can transfer files to the 8 GB media card, but there are two problems. Sometimes files (like Access Database files and PDF files) are not displayed when I look for them the next time. - They take up memory but are not listed in their folders. I'd just a soon only transfer files that have been updated. It is a nearly 30 minute process to transfer all the big files.

2) I've found the media transfer apps in the Destop Manager, but it only seems to recognize media files. I'll want to transfer MS Office documents etc too.

Advanced thanks for you help with this!

-

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    When you said files aren't displayed when you look for them, do you mean from your bb or from the comp?

The blackberry will not show files with formats that it doesn't recognize... Pdf, access database...

You may have two ways around this... A 3rd party file explorer for your storm, or for access and pdfs only, you can upgrade to the premium version of Docs To Go and that can read those two formats, and therefore you'll be able to see them from the native file viewer on your bb...

OR, you could just hook it up to a pc everytime...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Is there any way to copy a folder from the media card then put it in device memory so they can upload it to their computer? Cuz I have a program on my media card that I wanted to put on a friends blackberry so they could go home later and put it on their computer.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    So you want to put a folder frm your media card into someone else's device?

There isn't a free file access utility that'll do that for you... But there's atleast one premium program...

In either case, it'll be much easier if you have a pc to do the transfer in the first place...