Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 49 of 49

Originally Posted by bartokbatt ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ After I returned the Storm I was at ... BlackBerry Storm forum

  1. #46
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    After I returned the Storm I was at a theatre and saw a stranger struggling with most of what I already type above. I wish you luck.
    Thanks for the excellent, detailed report on your experience.

    These issues that you have called to our attention are the very reason that I am concerned with RIM and their performance. I ask myself, what has happened to their quality control? While I have expressed a serious interest in the Storm, it's more from an enthusiasts standpoint, so as to keep up with the technologies RIM is implementing by owning one and having that first hand experience. However I'm not your average user, as I have several lines just for the purpose of being able to test out different models while still maintaining my two lines (personal and business) that are connected to BlackBerry's I've already tested and found to meet my needs.

    So if I get a Storm and it does not live up to my expectations or needs, at least it does not impact my main method of communicating. It has no negative impact other than to be an annoyance when I was hoping for a good experience. However what deeply concerns me is those who use just one phone, which is the norm, and have a bad experience, having sold one phone to get the new BlackBerry. These are the people that are vulnerable to a great deal of wasted time and money. An experience they are not soon to forget. An experience that they are going to share with everyone in their circle. How "Bad their Black Berry was".

    It's a shame that the BlackBerry experience has degraded to this point, but it is what it is, and I can only hope that at some point, RIM will reflect on the damage done and return to their roots. Return to the basics of good, _honest_ business practices of delivering quality and reliability to the buyer.

    Time will tell.


  2. #47
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've had about seven blackberries in the past (my first was a monochrome) and I am responsible for about a hundred. There's no way the Storm is getting rolled out unless RIM fixes the issues in a serious way.
    No kidding. I have 30 curves distributed. Truck drivers and mechanics. Could you imagine giving them touch screen. I don't think the warranty would cover screen damage from oily fingers.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

  3. #48
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Thanks for the excellent, detailed report on your experience.

    These issues that you have called to our attention are the very reason that I am concerned with RIM and their performance. I ask myself, what has happened to their quality control? While I have expressed a serious interest in the Storm, it's more from an enthusiasts standpoint, so as to keep up with the technologies RIM is implementing by owning one and having that first hand experience. However I'm not your average user, as I have several lines just for the purpose of being able to test out different models while still maintaining my two lines (personal and business) that are connected to BlackBerry's I've already tested and found to meet my needs.

    So if I get a Storm and it does not live up to my expectations or needs, at least it does not impact my main method of communicating. It has no negative impact other than to be an annoyance when I was hoping for a good experience. However what deeply concerns me is those who use just one phone, which is the norm, and have a bad experience, having sold one phone to get the new BlackBerry. These are the people that are vulnerable to a great deal of wasted time and money. An experience they are not soon to forget. An experience that they are going to share with everyone in their circle. How "Bad their Black Berry was".

    It's a shame that the BlackBerry experience has degraded to this point, but it is what it is, and I can only hope that at some point, RIM will reflect on the damage done and return to their roots. Return to the basics of good, _honest_ business practices of delivering quality and reliability to the buyer.

    Time will tell.
    Your point is well taken. Having been in the restaurant industry (many years ago), I learned that a satisfied customer will tell a couple or three people about their experience. A dissatisfied customer, on the other hand, will tell upwards of 10 people about their bad experience.

    The best way to fall from being number one is to ignore the most important aspect of your business, the CUSTOMER. Providing the customer with a less than satisfactory product is showing a lack of concern for them.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

  4. #49
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've had about seven blackberries in the past (my first was a monochrome) and I am responsible for about a hundred. There's no way the Storm is getting rolled out unless RIM fixes the issues in a serious way.
    Well Said!

    The RIM of today is not the RIM I grew to admire and trust.

    I am the founder and CEO of a large scale international business. We deploy a huge number of BlackBerry's. Guess who the decision maker is? Guess who decides what we implement as the smartphones with which to run our business?

    Where once I had complete trust and respect for RIM, that is now fading fast. They are aware of my viewpoint on this. To further grab their attention, I've already suspended purchasing in one of their largest market areas.

    Just what will the outcome be?


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •