Does anyone know of a code or anything I can put in my phone so ... BlackBerry Storm forum

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh

Tower switching

Advertisement

Does anyone know of a code or anything I can put in my phone so it doesnt automatically change towers all the time. When I am at my house I pick up Verizon and US Cellular. When I move around I get USCell which is good cuz it's full service but if my phone sits still I get 1 bar of Verizon and my phone is basically useless. It happens alot during the night and when I wake up randomly I move my phone and get a bunch of SMS and BBM all at once.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    under the "manage connections" what does it list as your network?
    also if you go to "mobile network options" what does it say for mobile network?
    and...
    is "network selection mode" set to home only?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    No its on Automatic.

The problem is that Verizon's PRL makes the phone use VZW tower if possible and I don't want it to when I'm home

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    ohhhhhh I C

hmmm I dunno about that one.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

melonman12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The only option you would have is to custom write a PRL that gives preference to the non-Verizon network SID that is giving you better reception at your house. This wouldn't be the total answer either because it would leave that preference set like that even when you were in good VZW coverage with worse coverage of the other carrier.
    Maybe an internal signal booster in the house???

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by melonman12 View Post
    The only option you would have is to custom write a PRL that gives preference to the non-Verizon network SID that is giving you better reception at your house. This wouldn't be the total answer either because it would leave that preference set like that even when you were in good VZW coverage with worse coverage of the other carrier.
    Maybe an internal signal booster in the house???
    Could you possibly enlighten me of how to do this, I live in Maine and there are US Cellular towers everywhere, especially where I live and work.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCelica View Post
    Could you possibly enlighten me of how to do this, I live in Maine and there are US Cellular towers everywhere, especially where I live and work.
    It used to be fairly easy- I used to customize PRL's for CDMA and IRDB's for TDMA years back because the networks roaming was limited. Now it is an extremely complicated database that tells the phone how to behave across the country and around the world. You might want to check Howard Forums and PPC Geek sites- I have seen some mention of more current customizing being done on there.

I wish I could be of more help. Good Luck!

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Think I found it. Can't remember which site but found a site that said to type in ##000000 and it is the CDMA Service Edit Screen and allows you to change your home SID. Mine was 28 which is VZW so changed to the USCellular tower that I roam off. Will let you know if it works

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Update!

Hacked the CDMA Service screen to change my Home SID to the local USCellular tower and my phone says Verizon Wireless but it says I'm on the new SID.

W00t

F U Verizon! I hacked your phone! LOL

orangeagent no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B4DF6C
    Anybody know of an easy easy way to find out the SIDs?

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh

Quote Originally Posted by HotCelica View Post
    Update!

Hacked the CDMA Service screen to change my Home SID to the local USCellular tower and my phone says Verizon Wireless but it says I'm on the new SID.

W00t

F U Verizon! I hacked your phone! LOL
    NICE! That's an easier process w/o re-writing the PRL. Good find!
    I was going the long way around and you figured the better way- Cool!